Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW5 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What are people doing with Zaha? Was tempted to get Ings in but he won't have a game in GW6 against parent club Liverpool.

I'll probably sell him for Mitrovic of he's out for a couple of gameweeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

What are peoples thoughts on Vardy? Good fixtures, nailed on, Leicester playing well and he'll be well rested after his suspension. Could be good value @8.9 mil as opposed to the likes of Lacazette

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

COH wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on Vardy? Good fixtures, nailed on, Leicester playing well and he'll be well rested after his suspension. Could be good value @8.9 mil as opposed to the likes of Lacazette

i'm trying to desperately fit him in.

the problem is I want Mane, D Silva, Aguero, Salah, Alonso and Mendy too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'm trying to desperately fit him in.

the problem is I want Mane, D Silva, Aguero, Salah, Alonso and Mendy too :D
    I'd absolutely love to get Vardy in but he's too expensive IMO when there's the likes of Ings, Wilson, & Mitrovic doing very well at the moment. Great as a differential though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'd absolutely love to get Vardy in but he's too expensive IMO when there's the likes of Ings, Wilson, & Mitrovic doing very well at the moment. Great as a differential though.

he is also one of those players I never, ever, ever, ever have when he does well, and is a complete failure when I do.

so it makes it easier to sacrifice him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Possibly going to bank. All assuming I've no more injuries from the international games and Walcot is cleared to play. I'll reassess next week.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Possibly going to bank. All assuming I've no more injuries from the international games and Walcot is cleared to play. I'll reassess next week.

I’ll be banking meself depending on Walcott but I still have the Mkhi conundrum.

Will be hard to bank but that’s what I’ll be trying to do. One more weeks information needed and hopefully we get the Richarlison price drop for that particular transfer to work out financially.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Finally got around to watching Match of the Day last night - I've already mentally committed to doing PVA to Alonso, but having watched the highlights I'm now half thinking of doing King to Deeney as well for a hit.

I know Watford have poor fixtures but if Deeney goes in to temporary beast mode for a few weeks he could be a nice differential. Mitrovic is the obvious move but seems a bit templatey even at this early stage.

I'm still stuck with a hastily bought and crocked Walcott and an unwanted Mikhi :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lisa.J.Kelly

jamesbere wrote: »
    I think hazard is a good option to have, he's there key player and can pop up with some good hauls. Cardiff at home is no brainer captain wise.

I agree, seems that he is playing higher under the new manager and hopefully this translates to more goals!

Cartman78 wrote: »

I know Watford have poor fixtures but if Deeney goes in to temporary beast mode for a few weeks he could be a nice differential. Mitrovic is the obvious move but seems a bit templatey even at this early stage.

I'm looking for a Zaha replacement more than likely. Mitrovic seems like the obvious move but Deeney is tempting and would save some cash. The fixtures aren't too bad really. United at home next, they will be well up for that and I fancy them to win. Fulham and Arsenal away then - two teams leaking goals. He's gone under the radar a bit, 5% ownership compared to Mitrovic's 19% - yet only has 6 points less than Mitro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Finally got around to watching Match of the Day last night - I've already mentally committed to doing PVA to Alonso, but having watched the highlights I'm now half thinking of doing King to Deeney as well for a hit.

I'm still stuck with a hastily bought and crocked Walcott and an unwanted Mikhi :-(
    Sort out your Mkhi first. Who know's if he'll play and King has good fixtures coming up and seems to be on pens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Sort out your Mkhi first. Who know's if he'll play and King has good fixtures coming up and seems to be on pens.

Sort out your wha?? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Sort out your wha?? Lol

*Insert gif of joke over your head* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭argentum

I'd imagine luke shaw is being transfered out a lot tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

argentum wrote: »
    I'd imagine luke shaw is being transfered out a lot tonight

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Green&Red wrote: »
    Why?

Stretchered off in England match.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lisa.J.Kelly

Anybody else have Aubameyang and tempted to get lukaku in?

Just pulled the trigger on Firmino > Vardy to avoid the inevitable price drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Anybody else have Aubameyang and tempted to get lukaku in?
    Slightly tempted but I'm waiting to see how Utd get on this weekend first. If they are in decent shape I will consider their players as they have a good run of fixtures but am hesitant to go there just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Was planning on downgrading Zaha on basis of injury uncertainness with the idea to use the money for a Chelsea player. Might just keep him and dump Eriksen for someone same price or cheaper instead. Be some Chelsea game couch hiding behind though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭VW 1

Went arnautovic to Wilson, Bournemouth have better fixtures, he's had a good run so far and i cant see west ham coming into form over the next 3-5 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Hoping to bank my transfer but will need to make good use of my bench as I have Shaw and Mkhi in my starting XI.

Not sure whether to give Mkhi another week to see if he starts or just sell him for Maddison. Don't want another possible 1 pointer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I didn't realise Maddison was so close to a price rise so I might be forced to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

VW 1 wrote: »
    Went arnautovic to Wilson, Bournemouth have better fixtures, he's had a good run so far and i cant see west ham coming into form over the next 3-5 games.

I read recently that 19% of Wilson's prem league goals have been scored away to west ham in August. That puts me off him plus he did nothing for me last season

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

eh i dunno wrote: »
    I read recently that 19% of Wilson's prem league goals have been scored away to west ham in August. That puts me off him plus he did nothing for me last season

0% if his goals were scored during lengthy spells in my team
    N
    E
    V
    E
    R
    A
    G
    A
    I
    N

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

eh i dunno wrote: »

Pretty much. 4 of his 22 goals (18.18%) have been away to West Ham in August!

He's finished with that fixture for this season so he can stay the fcuk away from my team!

Had injury concerns about Walcott & Cairney coming into this gameweek. Then Fraser gets injured... now Seamus Coleman is injured too. Having already used my free transfer to avoid losing value (Firmino > Vardy) I may now revisit the possibility of wildcarding as may not field 11 players this gameweek now if :mad:

Could just hope for the best and roll the dice on Walcott being fit as would have AWB to come in for Coleman?

Head now wrecked. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

COH wrote: »
    Had injury concerns about Walcott & Cairney coming into this gameweek. Then Fraser gets injured... now Seamus Coleman is injured too. Having already used my free transfer to avoid losing value (Firmino > Vardy) I may now revisit the possibility of wildcarding as may not field 11 players this gameweek now if :mad:

Could just hope for the best and roll the dice on Walcott being fit as would have AWB to come in for Coleman?

Head now wrecked. Any advice?

Would you not take a -4? If you think you won't have 11 starters, it's more like a -2 (or better).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭VW 1

Disregardusing your FT anyway, as when using the WC it wouldn't carry to next week anyway.

Try assess it objectively, if its just one week you're worried about and had a particular week in mind for the wildcard, consider the free hit.

Advertisement