Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bitdefender vs Kaspersky

• 29-08-2018 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭

In short: which is the best? I know there are free security services out there, but I'd rather pay for a good, notable one. Anyway Bitdefender and Kaspersky seem to be the biggest players on the market. Is there a clear winner between them or are they pretty much the same? The important thing to me is which, if either, trumps the other in terms of security against malware, viruses, etc. Cheers folks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

After the recent leaks about US government backdoors in various softwares, I certainly wouldn't touch Kaspersky with a barge pole. It would be foolish to believe that the Russians don't have the same claws into Kaspersky.

By all accounts, Comodo is about the most secure. I can't comment on usability though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Id put bitdefender and Malwarebytes up there tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I’ve been using BitDefender for years. It’s fantastic! Never had an issue, they keep up (as best they can) with threats and release updates accordingly. Also minimal system impact which is always a bonus when it’s comes to security software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

seamus wrote: »
    After the recent leaks about US government backdoors in various softwares, I certainly wouldn't touch Kaspersky with a barge pole. It would be foolish to believe that the Russians don't have the same claws into Kaspersky.

By all accounts, Comodo is about the most secure. I can't comment on usability though.

So... i cant commen teither but ... you are worried about the one back doors or ... the others back doors !?
    You will need to read the "small print" to understand the reasons of those leaks.

Im using KIS btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 trik

seamus wrote: »

Comodo were caught bundling spyware a few years ago and also were caught in a controversy where their CA signed malware. Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

For a paid AV you can't go wrong with BitDefender. For a free AV I recommend Avira.

• Advertisement
Advertisement