Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Fantasy Football League - NFL.com redraft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jasondeans86er

you clearly have houses on you mind there Gerry! not to worry to be honest its been pretty civil so far! no need for me to be mean commish yet!
    gerryfed wrote: »
    Skins fan myself! Really hoping to get my hands on Guice... oh.... wait.... never mind :/

Thanks again for taking over Jason! Moving apartment amongst other things and just can't find enough house in the day!

Looking forward to tonight! Good luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

you clearly have houses on you mind there Gerry! not to worry to be honest its been pretty civil so far! no need for me to be mean commish yet!

Wow... I need some sleep man haha. Edited :confused:

you gotta leave your mistakes there or it makes me look like a loon! and no sleep Gerry means crap drafting whoop whoop! now if the take away doesn't arrive soon I'll be hungry Jason drafting.....
    Wow... I need some sleep man haha. Edited :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

I see we have 2 flex spots in the starting teams...havent played that before...so you can play 4 RB's?

yup but its .5ppr so wrs are as valuable as rbs. draft room is open for those not in it yet
    GK1001 wrote: »
    I see we have 2 flex spots in the starting teams...havent played that before...so you can play 4 RB's?

• Advertisement

The day after.... anyone any post draft hangovers?

The day after.... anyone any post draft hangovers?

Wish I had of punted more on QB and TE instead of taking Brady and Engram in the 5th and 6th :/ Wanted to stock up on RBs but the talent just fell off at that stage... and someone pipped me to Ajayi!

Always open to trading gents :) Fairview Ferrets

Tight end went far quicker than I expected! I ended up punting it after burton went.... I also can't believe luck lasted till the 12th!
    Wish I had of punted more on QB and TE instead of taking Brady and Engram in the 5th and 6th :/ Wanted to stock up on RBs but the talent just fell off at that stage... and someone pipped me to Ajayi!

Always open to trading gents :) Fairview Ferrets

Tight end went far quicker than I expected! I ended up punting it after burton went.... I also can't believe luck lasted till the 12th!

Yeah there was a bunch of guys I would have rathered over Brady in the 6th. I have never drafted him, so decided to give it a bash! I always have QB issues so feels nice having a solid one!

And yeah, I grabbed a 2nd TE seeing as the value was decent and we can start two

I think I had brady in this league last year and it didn't work out for me.... I wanted to go early on TE but every round the guy I wanted was taken before I got on the clock.... by about 2 rounds haha! I still think there are some interesting TE's on waivers and I amn't one to keep them if they aren't performing. I just looked at your team and its weirdly similar to last years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,095 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

There's still some very usable QBs out there on the wire, very deep position. I think Tight End is very shallow this year however, and I wouldn't be mad about streaming the position all year.

Happy enough with my draft. Going deep into the playing pool really exposes the cliff edge at the running back position. Aaaron Jones went at pick 100 in round 9, so just over the half way mark. If you scan through the rounds after that you're still seeing exciting guys going at receiver but few backs who are starting or have a real shot at starting barring injury, suspension or a significant loss of form (Peterson the possible exception to that). Some guys who will get situational work, but no - one you'd want to hang your hat on. Really need to grab a few running backs in those early rounds. I ended up with Gordon, Collins and McKinnon so I'm happy enough - but I've Martin and Montgomery on my bench so if any of my starting three get hurt I'm in trouble!

Jones has the two game suspension also..... I really like gordon this year and he is a workhorse.... I didn't take a rb till round 3/4 which had me on tilt but you really only need to start 2 with the .5ppr it does make possession wrs more an option at flex. those mid round rbs are interesting though and I have to say I am happy with my backs.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    There's still some very usable QBs out there on the wire, very deep position. I think Tight End is very shallow this year however, and I wouldn't be mad about streaming the position all year.

Happy enough with my draft. Going deep into the playing pool really exposes the cliff edge at the running back position. Aaaron Jones went at pick 100 in round 9, so just over the half way mark. If you scan through the rounds after that you're still seeing exciting guys going at receiver but few backs who are starting or have a real shot at starting barring injury, suspension or a significant loss of form (Peterson the possible exception to that). Some guys who will get situational work, but no - one you'd want to hang your hat on. Really need to grab a few running backs in those early rounds. I ended up with Gordon, Collins and McKinnon so I'm happy enough - but I've Martin and Montgomery on my bench so if any of my starting three get hurt I'm in trouble!

Is everyone ok with the trade review period? I know NFL.com has a weird system where the day doesn't start till 10am our time so if a trade goes through at 10.01am the day review doesn't start till the following day.... IE the trade would go through 48 hours after it was accepted. I can set it to commish review so it goes through instantly but I have to make sure there are no shenanigans etc. let me know what you think.

I would favour commish review, with approval once you've taken a look at it. I don't like league voting or veto type arrangements, and I think the only thing we should be considering is the possibility of collusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Not really happy with my QB situation, I think the next team I draft I'll go QB much earlier. I always wait and while it's always ok, it's never that exciting... I'm not a fantasy pro by any stretch (lol could you tell?!?) and in reality my knowledge of players past a certain point sort of falls off so I end up relying on random " fantasy sleepers to target" type lists...

Ah well, hopefully I'll get my head around trades a bit more this year, I have a tendency to use FA pickups more than trades.

If no one has any objections I'll change it over to commish review or whatever they have during the week. I haven't had much time to look at the computer this weekend... besides lamenting the loss of mckinnon on my dynasty team...

Re qbs I was quite shocked I got luck in the 12th round.... I could have waited all day for a qb this year honestly it's so deep!

Philly v Atlanta to kick us all off tomorrow! Jason you'd want to sort out your kicker there. I have Coleman to start me off in that one - prob the best RB2 out there IMO but it will be interesting to see what load they give him.

Looking forward to seeing the trade offers flying around after the first few weeks are in the books!

don't worry about me and kickers.... waiting on the weather report and wind conditions on sunday morning before I grab one.... also if lev bell turns up or not!
    Philly v Atlanta to kick us all off tomorrow! Jason you'd want to sort out your kicker there. I have Coleman to start me off in that one - prob the best RB2 out there IMO but it will be interesting to see what load they give him.

Looking forward to seeing the trade offers flying around after the first few weeks are in the books!

Oh yeah...sorry was thinking the week was getting locked down with the Thursday night game tomorrow but that's not the case...forgot that...

btw...we're talking serious with the weather reports for kickers:D

Na not really I just like to carry an extra player instead of a kicker for the week... will listen to the weather reports if a strong wind or come winter snow.... but other than that its matchup based.
    Oh yeah...sorry was thinking the week was getting locked down with the Thursday night game tomorrow but that's not the case...forgot that...

btw...we're talking serious with the weather reports for kickers:D

• Advertisement

Well Bell ain’t showing up this week!

is anyone else not getting notifications of trade proposals on their phone?

yeah I amn't getting notifications on my phone re trades.... anyone else having this problem?

my crappy windows phone doesn't have the app so I have to check in online

Seems to be working now! approved that trade anyway.... nice deal if they work out!

When do you think Bell will show? Connor is looking like a steel of a pick up mid week!

When do you think Bell will show? Connor is looking like a steel of a pick up mid week!

Haha tooting your own horn already Jason, this will DEFINITELY end well :D

Apparently there's torrential rain for the game so will be interesting to see what happens. No idea on Bell, I own him in a few places so I'm hoping sooner rather than later!

Haha it was more a 'oh look at the shiney new object I have.... want it?' kinda deal Ugh torrential rain! that's not good for the 4 players I seem to have in that game across leagues!
    Haha tooting your own horn already Jason, this will DEFINITELY end well :D

Apparently there's torrential rain for the game so will be interesting to see what happens. No idea on Bell, I own him in a few places so I'm hoping sooner rather than later!

So Conner, eh?

• Advertisement

Ironically going to lose this week even with him getting almost 30 points
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So Conner, eh?

Advertisement