Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could anyone tune a left-handed guitar for me?

Options
  • 05-09-2018 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

I got the guitar.. want to learn.. got the tuner.. but for the life of me can't tune it. And everyone I know who plays is right-handed :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,742 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Vela wrote: »
    I got the guitar.. want to learn.. got the tuner.. but for the life of me can't tune it. And everyone I know who plays is right-handed :rolleyes:

tuning is the same for left and right handed guitars - turn the pegs until the tuner indicates the string is in tune. There are YouTube videos that will show you how to do it.

Also any right handed player will be able to tune a left handed guitar, they just won't necessarily be able to play "Stairway..." on it afterwards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

loyatemu wrote: »
    tuning is the same for left and right handed guitars - turn the pegs until the tuner indicates the string is in tune. There are YouTube videos that will show you how to do it.

Also any right handed player will be able to tune a left handed guitar, they just won't necessarily be able to play "Stairway..." on it afterwards :)

Aha so it's just my boyfriend making excuses:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Vela wrote: »
    Aha so it's just my boyfriend making excuses:pac:

won't be the last time! :D

tuning is tuning. easy peasy.

and while as a righty, I can't play stairway on a lefty, I CAN tune one and play enough chords and licks upside down to prove that it IS in tune!

Advertisement