Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aspire Zelos Kit

• 04-09-2018 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hello there

I'm kinda new in vaping world. Got today an Aspire Zelos kit with Nautilus 2. After I went trough 2ml of juice I started to taste cotton so eventually I threw the coil because the taste was getting very bad and I replaced it with a brand new one and same story after about 2ml again the taste of cotton is starting to come trough.

Both coils are 0.7ohm and i'm using Blacknote juice 50/50. They were primed at first and left for 20min. With the first coil the setting was at 20w and with the second coil used it at 18w.

My question is it normal to get that cotton taste untill the coil breaks in?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I abandoned that tank after a week or so, it was too hard to open to refill and like you, the coils went off fast. Not sure if it's the tank design or a fault with the current nautilus coils. Happily using a K3 tank with the 1.6 nautilus coils atm. Then again I'm more a habit vaper than a flavor chaser so maybe someone else will recommend a good flavor tank. The Zelos itself is a fine mod though, comfortable in the hand, good battery life without being conspicuously big.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ionutt

Really like the Nautilus tank and didn't had a problem with it leaking. Only problem that I have are these coils. Thinking to punch with a nedle the cotton just to see if will solve the problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

My top cap is very hard to get off,I'm using long nose pliers now,I don't care about scratches on it as long as it works.

I've been using 2 Nautilus2's for the past couple of months & using the 0.7 coils & I'm still using the same coils,never had a cotton taste.My coils last longer because I use other set-ups as well,I have vaped about 4 tankfuls on each 80vg/20pg.

Sticking a pin in a few times will allow more juice to hit the coil,you may end up flooding your coil with that 50/50 juice,worth a try.

Have you tried the other coil yet,1.6 or is it the 1.8,these coils have been the best for years & usually vaped at 11w to 14w.

Those 0.7 coils are new to the market,maybe bad batches have been released,I find the 0.7 is too hot for me when using them with Mouth to Lung (MTL) vaping,I now use them with the airflow fully open doing a Direct to Lung (DL) vaping,it is a restricted DL vape but thats how I like my vapes & cool.

Was using aswell the 0.7 coil for direct lung i'm not a big fan of MTL. Using now the 1.8 coil that came with it for MTL to see for how long is wicks and it wicks fine after a tank now.

Thinking could be the juice aswell to blame but from what I was reading 50/50 is ideal for 0.7 coils.

Going to order a new set of 0.7 coils and give it another try.

From youtube reviews I see people vaping from it way more than I do so the only thing would be that the coils were faulty...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Ionutt wrote:
    Was using aswell the 0.7 coil for direct lung i'm not a big fan of MTL. Using now the 1.8 coil that came with it for MTL to see for how long is wicks and it wicks fine after a tank now.

Yes you can DL from a 0.7 coil but the Nautilus is not really designed for a DL style of vaping,more suited to a MTL style. Which type of vaping do you prefer,DL or MTL?

• Advertisement

Yes you can DL from a 0.7 coil but the Nautilus is not really designed for a DL style of vaping,more suited to a MTL style. Which type of vaping do you prefer,DL or MTL?

I prefer DL. I really like the flavour on 0.7 coils and the warm vape that it gives for DL to be honest the only problem are these coils. Going to try a few more 0.7 coils untill will completly give up on it.

I'm not chasing huge clouds I just want a DL tank or coil with a really good flavour for 50/50 NET tabbaco juice.

Had a Smok Baby v8 kit and was nearly no flavour from it just a lot of clouds and after some reviews on youtube the Aspire Zelos kit seemed like the perfect kit for me with the 0.7 coil for DL especially for tabacco NET juice.

Any other good DL tanks that I can put on my Zelos mod that have very good flavour for 50/50 tabbacco?

Thanks

Ionutt wrote:
    Any other good DL tanks that I can put on my Zelos mod that have very good flavour for 50/50 tabbacco?

One that's getting very good reviews is the Innokin Zenith, restrictive DL with a selection of good coils. It's available from ecirette, can't post a link atm.

One that's getting very good reviews is the Innokin Zenith, restrictive DL with a selection of good coils. It's available from ecirette, can't post a link atm.

I was thinking aswell about the Zenith. Will give it a try aswell to see how it does.

Thanks a lot once again:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Whirl_wolle

The zelos was my first kit. I wanted to get a few spare tanks for different flavors, etc. When I started vaping I was apprehensive about mixing and matching tanks do I bought 3 naulitus 2 tanks over a period of about 2 months. They worked well in the beginning. I experienced problems with every one of them. Waking to empty tanks because they were draining into the hole where the coil screws into. Tanks seizing up and unable to open. Opening to top to refill and the coil comes away. Each of my 4 tanks. My tanks are gone into retirement now and I'm using a naulitus X. It's a lot better. It's behaving well and so far it hasn't been flung into the naughty corner. I don't like the mouth piece and there's no drip tip for the naulitus X.

Would the Zenith have adjustable airflow for MTL vaping?

• Advertisement

Would the Zenith have adjustable airflow for MTL vaping?

https://vaping360.com/innokin-zenith/

Yeah fully adjustable afc.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Was having the same problem with the Nautilus 2 seizing up and unable to part without using two pliers,i found if you tighten it up but not crazy tight then unscrew it back off some problems sorted.Other than that havnt had any other problems with the two i use all the time,bought one recently from VW for 20 euro,s which is a good price seeing as though i was paying 30 in a bricks and morter shop.

I went to do some online shopping. I only intended on buying the zenith tank but I ended up buying an whole entire kit - battery and tank. I priced the kit on Irish shops and it was different on every shop but it was 60 euro plus.

I ordered from the UK for 50 pounds which works out to be a little over 55 euro. Sure I was going to pay about 28 euro on a tank here on an Irish shop so it made sense to spend a little bit more money to have two e cigarettes on the go.

I didn't stop my shopping there. I ordered a pack of coils for the new tank and a pack of coils for my current tank and a box of juices too. I have plenty of juices now to last me til the end of October now.

I went went with priority shipping at 20 pounds too so, hopefully I will get it all tomorrow. I order from vapeclub.co.uk regularly and I'm very pleased with them. On the rare occasion I go for the priority shipping, it usually comes the next day.

I only went in for a tank. My pocket 😥.

I went to do some online shopping. I only intended on buying the zenith tank but I ended up buying an whole entire kit - battery and tank. I priced the kit on Irish shops and it was different on every shop but it was 60 euro plus.

I ordered from the UK for 50 pounds which works out to be a little over 55 euro. Sure I was going to pay about 28 euro on a tank here on an Irish shop so it made sense to spend a little bit more money to have two e cigarettes on the go.

I didn't stop my shopping there. I ordered a pack of coils for the new tank and a pack of coils for my current tank and a box of juices too. I have plenty of juices now to last me til the end of October now.

I went went with priority shipping at 20 pounds too so, hopefully I will get it all tomorrow. I order from vapeclub.co.uk regularly and I'm very pleased with them. On the rare occasion I go for the priority shipping, it usually comes the next day.

I only went in for a tank. My pocket 😥.

Nice one,we have all suffered with Shinyitis:D:D:D You should have used Parcel Motel or DPD Express,they have a UK address which the UK Vendor offers free shipping to the UK,so the total cost of shipping would have been €3.85 instead of £20.

Nice one,we have all suffered with Shinyitis:D:D:D You should have used Parcel Motel or DPD Express,they have a UK address which the UK Vendor offers free shipping to the UK,so the total cost of shipping would have been €3.85 instead of £20.

I used parcel motel a few times before. I will definitely keep DPD express in mind for next time. I ordered from the shop many times before and the express shipping is good. It's expensive but it's fantastic. All the way from the UK to Bogland in the west of Ireland in less than a day is money well spent. I should hopefully get my new stuff for the weekend.

Hello again. Just an update.

I bought the Inokin Zenith tank and screw it on my Zelos mod. After going trough a tank with the 0.8 coil restricted DL I get the same burnt taste like on my Nautilus 2 0.7 coil.

If will let it sit for 20min will taste good again for the first 3 to 5 puffs and then get that burnt taste again and again have to let it sit for another 20 min.

My question is for the Nautilus and Zenith owners how many puffs would be normal in a minute for example on this tanks? I have a puff about every 10 seconds for 10 times to satisfy my crave untill I put it down. Will this be considered chain vaping on this tanks?

Using Blacknote juice 50/50. From what I know i'm doing everything right I prime the coil first, let is sit for and hour, start with low watts at first and don't understand why are not wicking fast enough. If I would have a puff per minute then would be ok but would not satisfy my crave.

Ionutt wrote: »
    Hello again. Just an update.

I bought the Inokin Zenith tank and screw it on my Zelos mod. After going trough a tank with the 0.8 coil restricted DL I get the same burnt taste like on my Nautilus 2 0.7 coil.

If will let it sit for 20min will taste good again for the first 3 to 5 puffs and then get that burnt taste again and again have to let it sit for another 20 min.

My question is for the Nautilus and Zenith owners how many puffs would be normal in a minute for example on this tanks? I have a puff about every 10 seconds for 10 times to satisfy my crave untill I put it down. Will this be considered chain vaping on this tanks?

Using Blacknote juice 50/50. From what I know i'm doing everything right I prime the coil first, let is sit for and hour, start with low watts at first and don't understand why are not wicking fast enough. If I would have a puff per minute then would be ok but would not satisfy my crave.

Chain vaping (imo) is one puff after another 3 or 4 times,rest a little then do it all over again,not my way of vaping,it would make me sick & I would hate vaping after that.
    I vape to satisfy my cravings for nicotine,it seems to me that you are not getting enough nic to satisfy your cravings,chain vaping like you do will only put you off vaping.
    Some stock coils can't handle chain vaping like the ones you have & then let it sit for 20mins is a load of ole bollax,you don't need to keep doing that,just draw from the tank a couple times with NO power & that will prime the coil.

What strength of nic are you using & what pg/vg liquid have you,too much vg will mute your throat hit & wont fix your cravings.
    I need to do both ways of vaping to satisfy me,my MTL tanks have 1.0ohm to 1.8ohm coils with 18mg nic & 60pg/40vg & I love it.
    My DL tanks have 0.15ohm to 0.5ohm coils with 6mg to 9mg nic & 80vg/20pg & most times it is satisfying,certain flavours do not give me that Cheshire cat smile,I find fruit flavours give me the best throat hit with DL vaping,like blueberry & other berry flavours (I hate peach)
    I love bakery & custards but they don't give me a great throat hit but I love the taste,so I use them all when at home,my go out tanks are MTL with great throat hits & they are stealthier,for that sneaky vape:D

All of this is probably not helping your problem,I don't have a Zenith but I have 2 Nautilus2 that I use with 12mg nic with 0.7 coil & I do a restricted DL & never had a dry hit,I don't vape the way you do,I would pick up my Nautilus2 & take 2 puffs,after a minute I pick up an ego mega (DL) & then pick up another MTL tank (all have different flavours & coil sizes) it's probably 5 or 10mins have gone since I used the Nautilus2,the coil is well primed by the time I get back to it (these are my lying on the bed vapes while watching tv:D)

I think you need to get yourself a couple of mods & mtl/dl tanks & use different flavours in each.
    One mod is not enough,it will drive you mad,by the sound of it,you are already there:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

My experience is slightly different. I have one main MTL mod on the go all the time. It's a kayfun mini v3. I build my own simple kanthal coils, usually running at around 1ohm. I use 50/50 or 70/30 PG/VG juices in it. Dry hits for me are extremely rare unless I do something stupid like running the tank dry which does happen occasionally if I'm concentraing on something, or I forget to rotate the tank after filling to allow the juice to enter the chamber (this is how this particular kayfun works). I chain vape with this set up. 3 to 4 puffs usually, put it down, a minute later another 2 to 4 puff etc.

I have a 2nd identical set up where I have another tobacco juice on the go. I prefer tobacco juices over bakery, fruity stuff. I also have a squon set up that I use from time to time for a flavour change, but don't use this on a daily basis. I find the DTL style a but overwhelming for me, preferring the MTL experience.

I see you mentioned you are using blacknote. I've never used that particular brand before but being a NET juice, you will find that you will get a black build up on your coil/cotton a lot quicker than a non-NET juice. I do use NET juices on ocassion as a treat as they are expensive. I recommend Drakes NET juices, particularly the burley flavour. It's awesome. I do notice with the NET juices, if I dont leave me tank upright and take a puff, it eres on the side of dry hit.

May be your nautilus coils are having a hard time with the build up you get with NET juices? Hard to say as I've never used a nautilus.

Chain vaping (imo) is one puff after another 3 or 4 times,rest a little then do it all over again,not my way of vaping,it would make me sick & I would hate vaping after that.
    I vape to satisfy my cravings for nicotine,it seems to me that you are not getting enough nic to satisfy your cravings,chain vaping like you do will only put you off vaping.
    Some stock coils can't handle chain vaping like the ones you have & then let it sit for 20mins is a load of ole bollax,you don't need to keep doing that,just draw from the tank a couple times with NO power & that will prime the coil.

What strength of nic are you using & what pg/vg liquid have you,too much vg will mute your throat hit & wont fix your cravings.
    I need to do both ways of vaping to satisfy me,my MTL tanks have 1.0ohm to 1.8ohm coils with 18mg nic & 60pg/40vg & I love it.
    My DL tanks have 0.15ohm to 0.5ohm coils with 6mg to 9mg nic & 80vg/20pg & most times it is satisfying,certain flavours do not give me that Cheshire cat smile,I find fruit flavours give me the best throat hit with DL vaping,like blueberry & other berry flavours (I hate peach)
    I love bakery & custards but they don't give me a great throat hit but I love the taste,so I use them all when at home,my go out tanks are MTL with great throat hits & they are stealthier,for that sneaky vape:D

All of this is probably not helping your problem,I don't have a Zenith but I have 2 Nautilus2 that I use with 12mg nic with 0.7 coil & I do a restricted DL & never had a dry hit,I don't vape the way you do,I would pick up my Nautilus2 & take 2 puffs,after a minute I pick up an ego mega (DL) & then pick up another MTL tank (all have different flavours & coil sizes) it's probably 5 or 10mins have gone since I used the Nautilus2,the coil is well primed by the time I get back to it (these are my lying on the bed vapes while watching tv:D)

I think you need to get yourself a couple of mods & mtl/dl tanks & use different flavours in each.
    One mod is not enough,it will drive you mad,by the sound of it,you are already there:D:D:D:D

I'm nearly going mad you are right😂. I'm using 3mg nic and would be enough for me if I wouldn't have this problem.
    I got 2 Nautilus 2 tanks thinking that the first one maybe was broke and now the Zenith. Prior to them I got a Smok Novo pod and was quite happy with it vaping Blacknote, no burnt taste had about 8 puffs and was set but the battery on them small things are awfull that's the reason why I got the Zelos kit thinking much better taste and longer battery.

Is a better taste of course can't compare Smok pod with Nautilus but on the Smok pods can have about 10 refills.
    When I unscrew the Nautilus tank is wicking faster.

I mite go back to Smok pods less hassle to be honest...

TinCool wrote: »
    My experience is slightly different. I have one main MTL mod on the go all the time. It's a kayfun mini v3. I build my own simple kanthal coils, usually running at around 1ohm. I use 50/50 or 70/30 PG/VG juices in it. Dry hits for me are extremely rare unless I do something stupid like running the tank dry which does happen occasionally if I'm concentraing on something, or I forget to rotate the tank after filling to allow the juice to enter the chamber (this is how this particular kayfun works). I chain vape with this set up. 3 to 4 puffs usually, put it down, a minute later another 2 to 4 puff etc.

I have a 2nd identical set up where I have another tobacco juice on the go. I prefer tobacco juices over bakery, fruity stuff. I also have a squon set up that I use from time to time for a flavour change, but don't use this on a daily basis. I find the DTL style a but overwhelming for me, preferring the MTL experience.

I see you mentioned you are using blacknote. I've never used that particular brand before but being a NET juice, you will find that you will get a black build up on your coil/cotton a lot quicker than a non-NET juice. I do use NET juices on ocassion as a treat as they are expensive. I recommend Drakes NET juices, particularly the burley flavour. It's awesome. I do notice with the NET juices, if I dont leave me tank upright and take a puff, it eres on the side of dry hit.

May be your nautilus coils are having a hard time with the build up you get with NET juices? Hard to say as I've never used a nautilus.

I was thinking about Drake NET juices as they have a higher PG and will give them a try aswell. I tried some frutty flavours and their not something that I would vape.

Yes this NET ejuices are expensive enough but trying to quit smoking so i'm looking for the closest thing to a real smoke for now.

If I would have a puff or two a minute I wouldn't have this problem but once i'm getting past to 5 puffs that burnt taste is awfull.

Keping my tank upright aswell because I seen it could be a problem aswell.

Will go to a local vape shop and maybe they can help with that and find the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I was thinking about Drake NET juices as they have a higher PG and will give them a try aswell. I tried some frutty flavours and their not something that I would vape.

Yes this NET ejuices are expensive enough but trying to quit smoking so i'm looking for the closest thing to a real smoke for now.

If I would have a puff or two a minute I wouldn't have this problem but once i'm getting past to 5 puffs that burnt taste is awfull.

Will go to a local vape shop and maybe they can help with that and find the problem.

I'm thinking it's not burnt but instead a dry hit caused by the coil not being able to keep up....as others have said on here .

3mg is for those who have cut down over time , would you be prepared to try upping the nic and taking less pulls on it ?

The only tanks I have myself that can kinda keep up with that kind of chain vaping that you do are rebuildables and even they would struggle . My kayfun v5 could manage maybe 5/6 pulls and my Augvape Intake can as well but even that needed mesh slugs to help it along .

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Ionutt: I've been using two nautilus 2 tanks for nearly a year now. I'm off the smokes a year end of this month. I chain vape similar to yourself however I do go between different tanks/juices. I'm not reliant on one tank. Just a suggestion: have you considered buying a second tank so that you can go from one to the other? I'm using a 50:50 mix at 12mg. Apart from when I've let the tank go empty I've never had a dry hit like you're describing.

Ionutt wrote:

This is a common enough problem with tanks using stock coils, sometimes it's a batch of dodgy coils, sometimes it's the coil finding it hard to wick a particular juice, the only solution is to switch to an rta. There is a huge selection of excellent rta's out there at the moment, for mtl you have the Galaxies,Savour and Berserker. For restrictive DL I find the Augvape Intake a super tank.
    Coiling and wicking isn't difficult on any of those tanks, there's loads of excellent advice here and on YouTube.
    The difference you'll notice in the vape you'll get from an rta compared to a stock coil tank is like chalk and cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Steve666

Pull harder? If you use it with the airflow wide open and only take weak drags it will wick slower. Tighten it up and pull hard - as well as pulling air through the chamber, it will apply a negative pressure on the juice inlet, drawing juice into the wick. I mostly use rebuildable stuff myself, but I have a Nautilus 2 and I never had any trouble with it using 70% VG, and I'd 'chain-vape' away mad on it.

Note - once you get a burned taste your wick is burned - that taste won't go away no matter how long you let it sit. Change the coil and start again. That sucks, and is why, as Dr. Bill says, you should go the rebuildable route. So much more satisfying and reliable.

Advertisement