Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Turn Based Games on PS4

Options
  • 04-09-2018 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

I was never a fan of turn based combat but after recently playing the two South Park games and Child of Light on PS4 I've become fond of them. Any other good ones on PS4 lads?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Persona 5, Disgaea 5, Valkyria Chronicles Remastered, X-Com 2 and Grand Kingdom.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Final Fantasy 7 remake if you haven't played it already and don't mind playing a 21 year old game, also darkest dungeon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Thanks lads! I should have mentioned, I've been playing them with my GF who isn's a gamer, so the more simple the better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thanks lads! I should have mentioned, I've been playing them with my GF who isn's a gamer, so the more simple the better.

Xcom 2 would be fun with the gf, ye could name the soldiers together and see how long they last :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,237 ✭✭✭✭noodler

verycool wrote: »

I'm playing at the moment.

Addictive but utterly maddening, h
    I've had to restart twice because everything is so terribly explained and you can get yourself in situations where its nigh on impossible to avoid a gameover.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

In that case approach Darkest Dungeon with care. It's a great game but it's entirely based on RNG. If either of you a susceptible to gamer rage your controllers are at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Maybe one to consider too is Divinity original Sin 2. Can be a bit tricky as there is so much choice,but its probably the best CRPG ever released on Consoles..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,829 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Personally out of the ones listed I'd go for Valkyria Chronicles, X-Com 2, Persona 5 and Divinity. Valkyria Chronicles 4 is out soon as well.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,153 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If you want something similar to the combat in the south park games but more family friendly the Costume Quest games are pretty fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Persona 5!!!!

Thanks lads! There’s a lot to check out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

noodler wrote: »
    I'm playing at the moment.

Addictive but utterly maddening, h
    I've had to restart twice because everything is so terribly explained and you can get yourself in situations where its nigh on impossible to avoid a gameover.

I loved first x com and spent a lot of time with it, but could not last more then few hours in second game. The idea that it is always trying to rush me with limited time takes all enjoyment out of turn based games like x com. Such a disappointing game for me.

I would almost suggest op to buy switch with Mario Rabbids. X com with a less bull**** and your misses will have a lot more fun with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

This is a BRILLIANT list of games to avoid.

Thanks all.

Ps. Fuccck turn based rpgs AND while on the rant fuccck any game with quick time events.

Only thing worse than these two is random battles!!! Ahhhhhhhhh! It’s not fuccccking 1995!

This is a BRILLIANT list of games to avoid.

Thanks all.

Ps. Fuccck turn based rpgs AND while on the rant fuccck any game with quick time events.

Only thing worse than these two is random battles!!! Ahhhhhhhhh! It’s not fuccccking 1995!

I felt the same until recently but my GF's inability to play games meant they were the only real option, and I'm hooked now :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

JRPGs and their awful turn based combat makes me want to stick forks in my eyes, but an actual turn based strategy game like Civ or X-Com is a real joy for me and they've only become so in the last ten years since my reflexes have dulled and I can't play competitive fps games like I used to :)

Advertisement