Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Maulin 6k run / nice trail run suggestions?

Options
  • 29-08-2018 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have next week off work (woohoo) and was thinking I'd love to get into a bit of trail running. I would run 2-3 times per week, usually up to 5k each time.

I am in Dublin and so the Wicklow mountains / Wicklow Way would be perfect. I spotted this route: https://www.irishtrails.ie/Trail/Crone-Woods---Maulin-Mountain-Loop/314/

Would it be a case of parking at Crone Woods car park and then just following the route - I presume it is fairly well signposted?

Or, are there better routes for running, perhaps with a boardwalk? That said, I think running on unpaved trails is the way to go really!

All recommendations for scenic trail runs welcome - my distance at present is around 5-10k. Also open to areas outside Dublin, but within Leinster.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

http://www.loughboora.com/wp-content/themes/boora/phone/index.php

Might be a bit far but wonderful place to run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

go to the irish mountain running (imra) website. Look through the events section. Most, if not all have maps of the routes. Try and follow them, get lost, have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Just get out and explore. Crone woods is a good a starting point as any. The only signposts you'll see there are for the Wicklow way. You'll need to follow a map to figure the way to Maulin. Great running to be had around there. Djouce would be a further run but something to aim for another time.

Advertisement