Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Steely Dan & Steve Winwood 3 Arena Thurs Feb 28th

• 03-09-2018 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭

Announced this morning, tickets on sale Friday 07th Sept.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Great news. That last Steely Dan show was killer.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Any idea of ticket prices? Have seen both acts live before, amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Last year the lower tier seats were €129 plus fees and standing were €79 plus fees. I'd expect similar.
    Probably won't sell as well as the last one, as it's not even 18months later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

Why don't they play 'do it again' live?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Last year the lower tier seats were €129 plus fees and standing were €79 plus fees. I'd expect similar.
    Probably won't sell as well as the last one, as it's not even 18months later.

Tickets from €89.50 plus fees, gone up a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

vicwatson wrote: »
    Tickets from €89.50 plus fees, gone up a lot

Still decent value, relatively. 45 quid per act.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

They played 2 nights last year. Definitley going in Feb, but wondering will they add a second date on the Friday, as Thursday not ideal for me...
    Anybody got Mr Fagan's number...?

I don't see it selling out as quick, when it's so close to the last time they were here. Plus Steve Winwood not as much draw as Doobie Bros. And also the 2nd date didn't sell that well last year.
    So I wouldn't hold out for extra date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Got pre-sale code if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭leakyboots

245 quid for a standing ticket is the cheapest one there at the moment.... wow!

• Advertisement

There's some problem with the listing, it crashes the tm app, and the capcha doesn't load correctly on the tm site

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭murria

Are you sorted? I got them at 10.30 5 x standing tickets worked out €106.35 each.

murria wrote: »
    Are you sorted? I got them at 10.30 5 x standing tickets worked out €106.35 each.
    Yeah they fixed it around 10:30

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭DrWu

Prices were really good this time around. Got great seats too. Roll on the Danfest!

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Im struggling to be able to justify spending 100 to stand and watch them when the cheapest ticket for the UK leg is €55.
    As much as I would love to see them so much, I simply cannot afford that much money to see them.

Im struggling to be able to justify spending 100 to stand and watch them when the cheapest ticket for the UK leg is €55.
    As much as I would love to see them so much, I simply cannot afford that much money to see them.

Bigger and better venues in the UK. Manchester Arena for example. 21,000 capacity. So they can sell cheaper seats because theres more of them. We have the Three and the next step up in capacity is the RDS so we get fleeced. Ireland is a shítty country for live music venues.

100 quid isn't the worst though as you get Winwood too who would charge 50 for his own gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thunder77

Can't see there being another night added as the last time they played they did struggle to sell the second night

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭larry1

Heading to this tonight. Any idea of the on stage time for Steve Winwood?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Steve Winwood @ 19:30
    Steely Dan @ 21:00

Going to this tonight
    Somebody uploaded the whole of SD's show in Wembley during the week.
    Bit disappointed that the set list is very similar to the Bluesfest setlist of 2017.
    The Dan have a bunch of songs, every one a classic, but seem to gig only those tried and trusted ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Going to this tonight
    Bit disappointed that the set list is very similar to the Bluesfest setlist of 2017.
    The Dan have a bunch of songs, every one a classic, but seem to gig only those tried and trusted ones

How was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭larry1

How was it?

SUPERB!! :D

Going to this tonight

How was it?

Actually, it was a great gig. Setlist differed slightly from Wembley on Monday night.
    "Rikki don't lose that number" got a welcome airing, while they dropped Pretzel Logic for last night's gig.
    Band are unbelievable.
    Keith Carlock must surely be the best drummer in the world!
    Jon Herrington (musical director & lead guitar) was, as usual, just sublime.
    Saw SD in 2017 and also the first time they were over here in the old Point, in, I think, 1996.
    Donald's voice certainly seemed to benefit from the help of the backing singers last night.
    Always worth it, if you're interested in witnessing real musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭01Surveyor

Steve Winwood was great, and Whats left of SteelyDan was excellent, I'd have liked a lot more of Winwood and as support he didnt get to do an encore so we never heard Valerie.
    What could have been a really great gig was, as usual, not helped by the Point's dodgy acoustics.
    When someone loudly complained about the sound.....Fagen advised 'if you dont like it dont by f******g tickets" I for one will be taking his advice.
    Good night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Great gig but I thought Donald's voice was a bit shaky at times - sublime musicianship though.

Gutted he didn't do Rikki last time out.

Advertisement