Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Godflesh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Streetcleaner will be 30 years old next year. It's incredible that this album came out in 1989. A lot of bands were still peddling terrible hair metal. Meanwhile Godflesh were reinventing heavy music with down-tuned guitars, drum machines and aggressive vocals.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Godflesh are great. Whenever I'm out and about somewhere during the day at the weekend and there's seemingly legions of children running about and making far too much noise, I think, without fail, of this tune...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

Streetcleaner will be 30 years old next year. It's incredible that this album came out in 1989. A lot of bands were still peddling terrible hair metal. Meanwhile Godflesh were reinventing heavy music with down-tuned guitars, drum machines and aggressive vocals.

Streetcleaner is a monumental release in the history of metal. Pure, relentless and pulsating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

Arghus wrote: »
    Godflesh are great. Whenever I'm out and about somewhere during the day at the weekend and there's seemingly legions of children running about and making far too much noise, I think, without fail, of this tune...

That's the song I was initially intending to post here but figured I'd post a more recent favourite of theirs. Streetcleaner is without a doubt Godflesh's landmark album and every song on it is amazing.

Advertisement