Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dave Chappelle & Jon Stewart - 3Arena - 17th October 2018

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'm gonna presume that dave will be the main act on this? Watched some jon Stewart the other night, I like him! But obv chappelle is the numero uno for me, absolute favourite comedian ever and can't believe he's coming here.
    Tickets are pricey but we always said we would happily pay whatever to see him. We are 3rd row from the front and I'd pay up to 250 for that privilege tbh!
    Gonna have a packed vape for this! :D

I think it's more or less a double headline show but I imagine Chappelle will be on last, I'd say an hour each. I wouldn't have said Jon Stewart was massive over here as he's more well known for his time on the Daily Show which I think they only started airing here on Comedy Central towards the end of his tenure. They may do some bits together on stage, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

cormie wrote: »
    How much did you pay for 3rd row from the front? Are you row 3 of the flat seating in blue?
    Yeah flat seating, 150 each!
    grimm2005 wrote: »
    I think it's more or less a double headline show but I imagine Chappelle will be on last, I'd say an hour each. I wouldn't have said Jon Stewart was massive over here as he's more well known for his time on the Daily Show which I think they only started airing here on Comedy Central towards the end of his tenure. They may do some bits together on stage, who knows.

Didn't think Jon Stewart would be rated as highly as chappelle but after watching a bit of him I can see he has a similar tone to dave. Feel so lucky to be able to see him live, genuinely never thought it would happen until he came out with the Netflix specials. Argh! Sure it'll be a mighty night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I am very much looking forward to this.
    Never thought I'd see Chappelle let alone in Dublin.

Only tickets available when I was on were €93.85, I'm not gonna do them the favour of calling them €86 :P Too rich for my blood alas, hopefully someone sneaks a phone in. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Only tickets available when I was on were €93.85, I'm not gonna do them the favour of calling them €86 :P Too rich for my blood alas, hopefully someone sneaks a phone in. :pac:

Hopefully not, I'm all in favour of the phone ban. Absolutely no need to be taking photos or videos particularly at a stand up comedy show. They will no doubt record one of the shows on the tour and release it on Netflix or DVD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Read an article on BBC.com about the outrage that someone was kicked out during a Kevin Hart show for using their mobile. Despite all the notices saying not to. I am 100$ in favour of these bans. I don't pay good money to watch a show through someone else's iPhone. Ever notice how these people don't hold it right by their own faces to film? Always hold it to the side. So they can see and f*ck the people around them?

Was at Eddie Vedder last year in The Point and, while there was no technology stopping people using their phones, they did ask people not to. Of course there were one or two tools but it was amazing and brilliant to see how few there were. I mean, people broke them out at the singalong at the end when everyone wal up and dancing about but that's fine.

I think this is probably especially vital for a comedian. I mean no two music concerts are the same: They will vary with audience participation, the life they give the musicians, the condition of the musician's voices/abilities on that day etc. But comedians have a set routine that they would stick pretty rigidly to and audio/video quality doesn't matter as much to a comedy routine as it would to a musical act.

So yeah, tldr: I'm all for phone bans. "NAIL 'EM UP!!!!!" I say :)

Advertisement