Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus & Off Topic MkIII...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

"Neural network gives your phone 'DSLR-quality' photos"

https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/29/neural-network-fixes-phone-photo-quality/

Meh, doesn't seem that great. Maybe I'm missing something.

Hi! I'm someone who has barely used a camera beyond that on my phone but I do enjoy your forum and have a question, and I didn't want to start a new thread for it because sometimes people don't like that.

I want to do a project for 2018 which is simply this: fix a camera to a post looking at my house to take 4 pictures a day for a year.

Just wondering what is an inexpensive way to do this, obviously I have to think about water proofing and battery. Think I could get a pack from Ali Express or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Hi! I'm someone who has barely used a camera beyond that on my phone but I do enjoy your forum and have a question, and I didn't want to start a new thread for it because sometimes people don't like that.

I want to do a project for 2018 which is simply this: fix a camera to a post looking at my house to take 4 pictures a day for a year.

Just wondering what is an inexpensive way to do this, obviously I have to think about water proofing and battery. Think I could get a pack from Ali Express or something?

There are a few ways to do this although the most common seems to be using a car battery. If it's outside your house you might be able to run a wire to your camera? Google "long term timelapse" or something and you will get plenty of results. Keep us updated, I was planning to do something similar myself with an old gopro

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Never had a polarizing filter before, shouldnt have waited this long! #themCloudsMan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Dublin, 1991: Krass Clement's melancholy photos of the Irish capital published for the first time
    link

• Advertisement

I'm selling Set of Kobe macro/close up filter set 77mm +1 +2 +4 if anyone's interested- Adverts link

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,357 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

my wife bought a panasonic recently which had a €60 cashback offer, and they weren't lying - they said they'd post out a cheque, and today i signed for registered post delivered from the UK, with €60 in *cash* in the envelope.

i thought the only people who stuck cash in envelopes were aunts posting birthday cards to nieces or nephews on the other side of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Is there a way to embed images from flicker on here but resized?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

vangoz wrote: »
    Is there a way to embed images from flicker on here but resized?

Photo Page -> Share Photo (bottom right) -> BBCode -> pick a size from the dropdown and copy and paste the BBCode from the text box. i.e.

25939644787_53dd6c4e56_s.jpg

25939644787_53dd6c4e56_m.jpg

25939644787_53dd6c4e56_b.jpg

(URLs / titles removed for clarity)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

• Advertisement

Two shooters down by the dodder right now, either of ya boardsies?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Picking up a new ND10 today.
    Lesson learned - ND filters will not support my weight when stepped on. :o

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I purchased a Nikon 35mm from Eglobal last year and recommended it to a friend. Went to see if they had stock and notice they have no Nikon products listed anymore.

• Administrators Posts: 53,366 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That feeling when you go somewhere, take a load of shots and come home and end up disappointed with every single one of them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GillanLab

Awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GillanLab

Yeah :(

Blood moon tonight, anyone gonna try and snap it? This time around I've a 500mm to try my hand with.

Hopefully the cloud cover isn't too bad.

Due to start raining heavy in Dublin this afternoon I think :(

• Advertisement

Yeah, bollix.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,357 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

my wife found a roll of b&w film near the civic offices in dublin today; doesn't belong to anyone on here, does it?

Today's Google doodle features Gerda Taro- more information on her-
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/19/deathbed-photo-of-war-photographer-gerda-taro-discovered

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

awec wrote: »
    That feeling when you go somewhere, take a load of shots and come home and end up disappointed with every single one of them. :(

Tell me about it. Especially if you get up at 4 am for it. :(

On the other side, it's great when you go out with low expectations, because of the weather or something, and come back with a load of great stuff! :)

Perseid Meteor shower should be at their peak this weekend. Let's hope for clear skies.

https://www.space.com/32868-perseid-meteor-shower-guide.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I'm thinking of getting this Leica 35mm SUMMILUX-M F1.4 lens (& it has free shipping) but unfortunately my credit-card doesn't streeeetch THAT far !

link : https://ebay.us/F9kegc

I'm thinking of getting this Leica 35mm SUMMILUX-M F1.4 lens (& it has free shipping) but unfortunately my credit-card doesn't streeeetch THAT far !

link : https://ebay.us/F9kegc

What's so special about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

awec wrote: »
    What's so special about it?

this > THIS IS THE ONE AND ONLY, UNIQUE, BRASS BODY, SILVER CHROME 35MM 1.4 AA ASPHERICAL LENS.
    CONFIRMED AND TRULY SUPERB UNIQUE LENS, THE ONLY SILVER CHROME 35MM 1.4 AA ASPHERICAL EVERY MADE.

But this pales into insignificance compared to this > 1. Carl Zeiss 50mm Planar F/0.7 – $23,100,000+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

this > THIS IS THE ONE AND ONLY, UNIQUE, BRASS BODY, SILVER CHROME 35MM 1.4 AA ASPHERICAL LENS.
    CONFIRMED AND TRULY SUPERB UNIQUE LENS, THE ONLY SILVER CHROME 35MM 1.4 AA ASPHERICAL EVERY MADE.

You'll definitely take brilliant pictures with it so :pac:

• Advertisement

it's brass silver chrome. it manages to be three different metals at the same time and not look like the three.

Advertisement