Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dave Chappelle & Jon Stewart - 3Arena - 17th October 2018

• 27-08-2018 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭

https://mcd.ie/artists/dave-chapelle-jon-stewart/

Will definitely be at this. Not really sure about Jon Stewart outside of the Daily Show but love Chappelle's stand up and is high on the list of comedians I really want to see so won't be missing this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Any idea how many tickets will be able to be bought per person, 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

Does nayone know if this will be an over 18s event?
    I cant see the Dublin gig on TM, but the London shows don't state if over 18s or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

Any idea how many tickets will be able to be bought per person, 4?

The London shows have a max of 6 tickets per person.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

sandt wrote: »
    Does nayone know if this will be an over 18s event?

16s need to be accompanied.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I have a pre-release code from three, but can't get to the pre-release section of ticketmaster as plus.three.ie is timing out. Anyone have a direct link?

• Advertisement

I can't access it either. Pile of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Joaquin223

Can't access it either. The ticketmaster site just has the tickets for 320e and 350e, they can't be the only tickets made available for presale though surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Can anyone get the €50 tickets? Says the only available ones are €86.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

€66 tickets available now, ROW 33 Block H

• Advertisement

Phat Cat wrote: »
    €66 tickets available now, ROW 30 Block H

Ah Jesus, just when I bought the expensive ones... Oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

€320 were the cheapest I could find first and not a chance in hell I was paying for 2 at that price. That's outrageous.

Got two at €86 + fees each and still feel a bit screwed tbh.

I've paid US$200 - $400 each for tickets to various gigs/sporting events in the US but it's always been in shall we say more premium and historic venues than the 3 Arena in Dublin. On the other hand, I paid $50 to see Chris Rock in the US last year.

Jesus I was at a recording of The Daily Show years ago for free AND they gave you a T shirt when you were leaving!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Just tried to buy 2 and saw they are nearly €95 each with fees. The mcd announcement clearly states
    Tickets from €51 Incl. booking fee

https://mcd.ie/dave-chappelle-jon-stewart-announce-3arena-show/

Were there any on sale at that price, or is this the new pricing with seatwave gone. That is f***ing ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Cheapest I can see is €295.Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Says under 16s need to be accompanied by adult and max 4 tickets per person on ticketmaster.

Hoping to get 2 tickets Friday at €66 price, what are my chances? I'm not with Three for anything.

Suckit wrote: »
    Just tried to buy 2 and saw they are nearly €95 each with fees. The mcd announcement clearly states

Were there any on sale at that price, or is this the new pricing with seatwave gone. That is f***ing ridiculous.

Definitely seems fishy.

And on the 3 presale page it says they start at 29.65 including fees...

https://plus.three.ie/#/offers/2461?category=music

There probably was but very few. The presale only puts a small enough proportion of the total number of tickets on sale.

Seems to be the way with a lot of these big gigs now with a small amount of cheap tickets so they can say tickets from ____

VERY p*ssed off with 3 on this presale. The only reason I have a 3 phone (private) is for access to presale tickets.

To advertise tickets from €29.95 and then offer so little or likely none at that price point is not far from being a scam tbh.

I was on at 10:00. The cheapest tickets I had access to at that point were €320 each.

At about 10:10 I got a pair costing €190+ in total.

Later again I read people got some at €66 each.

Why stagger the release? The idea of a rewards programme is to reward loyalty - not punish those who got on first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Tried myself this morning for 4, got various options at €86 each and a couple of €146, was going to stump up for the €86 tickets but said screw it, it's a bit too expensive for a comedy show so gonna wait till Friday and hopefully get €66 tickets. Failing that, I'll bite the bullet and get the €86 tickets, hopefully won't be regretting not taking the ones I was offered today...!

I gave my code to a friend to book. He went on about 11.30. He saw tickets for €100 but seats were crap.
    Wait for the Netflix release I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

This is a gig I was looking forward to.

I would like to see what happens if it doesn't go well.

I think it is the only way that the people who paid to see it realise why and how ridiculous the prices are. That way they may make some noise also.
    Comedy gigs can go terribly wrong.

Edited.
    Removed churlish comments. Had a drink too many last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

The most I would pay for a comedy gig is €70 and I adore Chappelle but those prices are crazy. Zero information on ticketmaster on the range of ticket prices.
    Will this sell out in seconds/Minutes?

Comedy gigs can go terribly wrong.

Hasn't he realised that when he got too stoned before one of his gigs. Hopefully it won't happen again.
    "I was booed on stage. I did not leave"

Bowlardo wrote: »
    The most I would pay for a comedy gig is €70 and I adore Chappelle but those prices are crazy. Zero information on ticketmaster on the range of ticket prices.
    Will this sell out in seconds/Minutes?

The 4 tiers in the regular priced tickets (non-platinum) are €51, €66, €86 and €146. Going to try for €66 myself, I doubt there will be many in the lower tier.

Definitely can't see these selling out quickly at all. Just checked and can still get plenty of 4 tickets together at the €86 tier. I think it's priced too high for a lot of people to bother to be honest. Louis CK didn't sell out till close enough to the show at about €60 - €70 for tickets and he was pretty much the biggest comedian out there at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Total price for 4 tickets front row of block J was €375.40 :(

Just got 4 at the €66 tier, €73 each, was painless enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I went for 2 tickets at €66 each. That's as pricey as I was willing to go. Seats aren't amazing either but I've loved these 2 guys for over 10 years now and I never thought they'd play Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

I'm gonna presume that dave will be the main act on this? Watched some jon Stewart the other night, I like him! But obv chappelle is the numero uno for me, absolute favourite comedian ever and can't believe he's coming here.
    Tickets are pricey but we always said we would happily pay whatever to see him. We are 3rd row from the front and I'd pay up to 250 for that privilege tbh!
    Gonna have a packed vape for this! :D

So as a 3 customer my "reward" for early access was sh*ttier seats at more expensive prices than people who logged on today?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm gonna presume that dave will be the main act on this? Watched some jon Stewart the other night, I like him! But obv chappelle is the numero uno for me, absolute favourite comedian ever and can't believe he's coming here.
    Tickets are pricey but we always said we would happily pay whatever to see him. We are 3rd row from the front and I'd pay up to 250 for that privilege tbh!
    Gonna have a packed vape for this! :D

How much did you pay for 3rd row from the front? Are you row 3 of the flat seating in blue?

Advertisement