Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Fantasy Football League - NFL.com redraft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jasondeans86er

Unless it was a crazy ppr why would you! but if its the boards leagues they have surprisingly devalued RBs from what I experienced last year. Did a draft a few years ago and the no.8 pick was a defence!
    gerryfed wrote: »
    A WR? Not really that insane. I'd be tempted to take Nuk personally!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mikedrop

Worked well for me.. picked up Gurley at No.3

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

i've got a draft coming up on sunday with friends...got my draft list done...took a while...what's annoying is that i can't copy it over to this league so have to do it up again...bit of a pain

sometimes you gotta shoot from the hip. never really go into drafts with a full list of who I want.... usually have a list of guys I don't want unless they fall significantly but who knows what you guys are going to do haha! kicker 101 you say! its a tie between wednesday and thursday at 9 by the way! @lloyd can you do the wednesday?
    GK1001 wrote: »
    i've got a draft coming up on sunday with friends...got my draft list done...took a while...what's annoying is that i can't copy it over to this league so have to do it up again...bit of a pain

Looking like Wednesday at 9 will be our draft time, will change the time in the morning. Still 1 spot open for those visiting viewers etc.

• Advertisement

Draft time set Wednesday 29th August 9pm (I hope, stupid American times on the settings page)

Still 1 spot left for boards people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

How long before the draft will we know the draft order? Would be nice to have an idea beforehand to get a few mock drafts in at the pick order.

Think its an hour before? maybe 30 minutes.... I can't quite remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Think its an hour before? maybe 30 minutes.... I can't quite remember.

Yeah fairly sure it's 30 minutes! Had a draft yesterday!

In my other league we used a random generator, stuck the names in and agreed that whatever came out would be the order so we had a few days notice in advance. Then we could do some mocks to get a feel for where we'd be.

Had the proper draft yesterday. My rank was 11th, so obviously they don't know what they're talking about ;-)

• Advertisement

you mean you didn't get Zeke at that spot! what kind of crazy league are you in! I have him going pick 48 in my mocks! haha whatever people want, its just a bit more work and I am more concerned about getting spot 12 filled first.

FYI if someone is doing a somewhat exotic league (superflex etc) and needs another person hit me up.

In my other league we used a random generator, stuck the names in and agreed that whatever came out would be the order so we had a few days notice in advance. Then we could do some mocks to get a feel for where we'd be.

Had the proper draft yesterday. My rank was 11th, so obviously they don't know what they're talking about ;-)

And we are full! good to have everyone on board. I will post a list of users and team names when everyone has set their name etc, should be a lot of fun. We have our returning champ from last year Lloyd for those who weren't part of the league last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,082 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Thanks again for organizing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Looking forward to tonight everyone! Should be good craic.

2018 Freaks and Zekes 2 owners list
    Boards Name /// Team Name /// Name

Jasondeans86er/// TFU //// Jason
    Gerryfed/// Fairview Ferrets /// Gerry
    Baby&Crumble/// The Claymakers/// Zoe
    Padmcv/// Pixies /// Padrig
    KKeith5/// Game Of Jones /// Keith
    LuckyLloyd/// The Lone Wolves/// Lloyd
    Neamhshauntasach/// Pyongyang Plastic F... ///Grayem
    Gk1001 /// Dan Marino Waltzers/// Gareth
    Brenty /// The Orange Organics/// Aidan
    MikeDrop /// Wrecking Crew/// Steven
    DublinRebel78 /// Insert Team Name ..../// Sean
    SeanSC1 /// Ballinock Buccaneers /// Sean

Sorry Guys had it all layed out in grids but it won't save the /// is the gaps!

Blessed am I among men, eh? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭rogeyspoint

Hi,

Do you still have the spot left? Thanks

HI Rogey,

I think we are full, (barring a last minute withdrawal) I will keep you in mind though and hopefully there will be a league like this last year which was set up with 3 days to go before kick off.

Hi,

Do you still have the spot left? Thanks

Who are your football teams?

I'm a Dolphins fan for my sins...tough season ahead, might be going for that #1 Draft pick next year!

Be hard pushed to draft any of them tonight

Bills have that honour locked up they are just terrible this year! I am a Vikes fan, so been through the mill of roof collapses and staying up till 4 am to watch a team throw it away in the NFC champ game... 2 times now.... Cautiously optimistic about this year.... I have to say the GM has done everything to put the team in a winning position so hopefully it works out.
    Who are your football teams?

I'm a Dolphins fan for my sins...tough season ahead, might be going for that #1 Draft pick next year!

Be hard pushed to draft any of them tonight

• Advertisement

Yeah they're defo in a good place. I like the Vikes. Strong looking everywhere. If Cousins links in well and Cook stays healthy it could be a big year!

I'd back the Bills over us btw! Race to the bottom in that division. It's a killer having to deal with New England every year.

The gas part is I think the Pats are going to be terrible this year.... but in such a ...well lests admit it... crap division they are going to the playoffs again. put them in most other divisions they are getting steamrolled! NFC north and NFC East are prob the strongest divisions this year.... well thats if the Eagles don't implode by tomorrow at this rate!
    Yeah they're defo in a good place. I like the Vikes. Strong looking everywhere. If Cousins links in well and Cook stays healthy it could be a big year!

I'd back the Bills over us btw! Race to the bottom in that division. It's a killer having to deal with New England every year.

Packers all the way, but I'd only draft a few possibilities from them tbh. RBs by committee, Adams at WR would be good and likely productive, and Graham possibly worth it at TE but hard to tell from the lack of Rogers QBing preseason games. I did pick up Crosby in the other league I have drafted for so far, he's my default kicker tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,082 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Looking forward to tonight gentlemen (and lady!)!

I'm a Jets fan so I must say fantasy has eased the pain the last couple of years!

OK folks the race is on to get the kids to bed before 9! (my turn tonight :(
    )

Hahahahaha! ah god! hope they go down quickly! just finishing my draft prep now.... still a fan of having printed lists.... only problem is I have to keep track of all the lists! Usually I have done more prep than this but the leagues were slow coming in this year.... even thinking about joining the Div 8 league even though I completely hate the format thats run!
    OK folks the race is on to get the kids to bed before 9! (my turn tonight :(
    )

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Brenty

Jasondeans86er/// TFU //// Jason
    Gerryfed/// Fairview Ferrets /// Gerry
    Baby&Crumble/// The Claymakers/// Zoe
    Padmcv/// Pixies /// Padrig
    KKeith5/// Game Of Jones /// Keith
    LuckyLloyd/// The Lone Wolves/// Lloyd
    Neamhshauntasach/// Pyongyang Plastic F... ///Grayem
    Gk1001 /// Dan Marino Waltzers/// Gareth
    Brenty /// The Orange Organics/// Aidan
    MikeDrop /// Wrecking Crew/// Steven
    DublinRebel78 /// Insert Team Name ..../// Sean
    SeanSC1 /// Ballinock Buccaneers /// Sean

Is this the draft order for tonight?! Just trying to do a bit of last min research!!!Cheers

no thats just a team list... draft order will be given like 30 minutes before by nfl.com

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Looking forward to tonight gentlemen (and lady!)!

I'm a Jets fan so I must say fantasy has eased the pain the last couple of years!

I’m fine with being called a gentleman, don’t even worry about it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Skins fan myself! Really hoping to get my hands on Guice... oh.... wait.... never mind :/

Thanks again for taking over Jason! Moving apartment amongst other things and just can't find enough time in the day!

Looking forward to tonight! Good luck to all!

Advertisement