Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Low alcohol beer.

• 26-08-2018 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I’ve just been told not to bump an old thread and to start a new one by an admin, even though I got moaned at by admins for starting new threads on a subject that already had a thread a few weeks ago. I think they need to look at tbeir own rules cos they be confused.

So I pose EXACTLY the same question as in the thread below.

Where in Ireland preferably Dublin can I get low alcohol beer, maybe 2-3%?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I don't see a question - just a title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭donaghs

On tap? That's trickier, haven't seen Guinness "mid-strength" 2.8% in a while.
    Smithwick's is the lowest most places have, at 3.8%

Lots of off-licences sell Heineken light. 3.0%

If you want something craftier, White Hag have a 2.6% Table Saison beer in a 440ml can. Its on the O'Brien's website, and in the Stephen Street beer place in Dublin. Some of the white hag sour beers are around 3.5% as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

donaghs wrote: »
    On tap? That's trickier, haven't seen Guinness "mid-strength" 2.8% in a while..

Had some in Pebble Beach in Clontarf on Sunday; it's still mostly sold near golf courses only these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,264 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I don't know about low. Maybe some of the craft places have session pale ales on?

Bottles Alcohol free, I thought Paulaner or Erdinger were fairly omnipresent? I've had Brewdog Nanny State in the Harbour Bar in Bray I think. I'd say more are coming here, as I've heard quite a few discussions and seen quite a free articles in the UK media, with the big brewies pushing them more as a lifestyle rather than a drink drive thing.

Advertisement