Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PaddyPower "Beat the Drop" Issues

Options
  • 11-08-2018 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭

Anybody else having issues with this game, twice now ive had it say ive lost when ive won. First it happened in the free game which i brushed off, then it happened twice in the same paid game.

In the first question it was Hull vs Villa to draw at half time which i said yes. It told me i was wrong but let me continue playing. Now on question 5 Chelsea to be wining half time to which i said Yes (0-2) and its said i was wrong again and taken me back to the new bet page.

They have asked for a screen shot but u cant re-view past questions.

Help Desk said they would get back to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Completed a few of these in the past (shorter 5 stage ones),
    they show you your picks at the end of it, which ones were right/wrong.

Double check that the draw wasn't a scoreless draw 0-0 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Completed a few of these in the past (shorter 5 stage ones),
    they show you your picks at the end of it, which ones were right/wrong.

Double check that the draw wasn't a scoreless draw 0-0 etc.

Must be why it's down at the minute, I'm on q.6 of a €2 quid game, money still intact, but have been offered first throw in questions since I took city to win on Sunday, trying to hold out for a decent question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

This reminds me that i have a free one on Betfair. Must have a look. Think you have 90 days of inactivity before you lose. I started during the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KBD85

Ah you don't have to answer all the questions?

Questions like who will take the first throw in is just forcing you to keep tossing a coin at bad odds. Gimmick that I don't see becoming too popular.

Would you be better off doing a running accumulator and choosing your own bets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

KBD85 wrote: »
    Ah you don't have to answer all the questions?

Questions like who will take the first throw in is just forcing you to keep tossing a coin at bad odds. Gimmick that I don't see becoming too popular.

Would you be better off doing a running accumulator and choosing your own bets?

It's not a bad concept, yes you can skip questions (maybe up to a certain amount, but when/if it ends they will just split the pot).

Some slight advantages too as most equal choice odds are typically 1.83, whereas the 'Drop can be 2.0. Can also split the wager if needed.

Completed a couple of these, generally in profit, but a bit slow and laborious task that's often forgotton about (requires daily checks).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I did some quick calculations and a €1 bet on 20 evens bets worked out at €1,048,000 ish.

I have 2 questions right so far. Didn't get home in time to do Swansea/Leeds 2.5+ goals, I had planned all the money on yes.

Same question for Aston Villa and Brentford tonight. I'm not as confident of a yes as I was yesterday :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

I'm on q.11 now, still holding out for better questions. I ignore throw in questions, prefer btts, over 2.5, score in both halves etc. I like the concept, two things in an earlier post saying it'd make more sense to place 20 individual bets, firstly, you'd never get them on, try placing 500k on btts and see how you get on!! Secondly, you're getting evens on what is often a 4/5 or 3/4 shot.
    The last few questions have been.
    Fri: middlesboro to score the first goal (yes, 90th min, wba had hit woodwork earlier too).
    Sat Morn: city to win first throw in (ignore)
    Sat mid: thrown in from 0.00 to 0.59s in arsenal v West ham. (Ignore)
    Sat evening: lpool game - presume one here, but I missed it.
    Sat later: ath Madrid game goal before 22.59 (no)
    Sat late late: Valladolid v Barca - 10 or more corners (yes by 38 mins!!).
    Sunday lunch: Watford v palace - goal before 29.59

Advertisement