Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Firestick remote

Options
  • 22-08-2018 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

Anybody in Waterford willing to loan me a fire stick remote controller for 5 minutes to set up the WiFi. Mine is broken and I have been using the app to control it but it has reset itself.

I will collect and return quickly and the help would be really appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Hi,

I think I have one at home and can bring it with me to work tomorrow if you want a lend of it.

Drop me a PM and we can arrange it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭DEFIE

That's Great. Many Thanks. PM is sent :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Afaik you should be able to sync with the app remote without the physical remote, maybe give Amazon a quick ring?

Thanks Cabaal..Problem is it has done a full factory reset and it is stuck on the "Finding remote" screen. If I could get past this I can actually use the TV remote using HDMI CEC to move around but my issue is getting past the very first screen for which I need the remote (For about 10 seconds :-))

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

DEFIE wrote: »
    Thanks Cabaal..Problem is it has done a full factory reset and it is stuck on the "Finding remote" screen. If I could get past this I can actually use the TV remote using HDMI CEC to move around but my issue is getting past the very first screen for which I need the remote (For about 10 seconds :-))

has the fire sick a normal usb port,im not familar with them just asking :confused:

• Advertisement

No USB. It has an ODG port which is also used for power. It needs a special cable which has an ODG and USB combined if you wanted to add a keyboard or mouse

Advertisement