Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power deleted my account with money in it

Options
  • 22-08-2018 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking for some advice please. First up, I'm not a regular gambler. I've had a PP account for about 10 years and used it a handful of times.

Tonight I went to login to place a bet as I knew I had about €14 quid in it for ages. My login wouldn't work. I got on to customer service webchat and was told that they 'cannot locate my account and because of that they have no way to reimburse me'. This is despite me having emails from PP from 2016 with them showing my balance and PP stating 'You've got money in the bank! Don't forget to use it!'. I sent screenshots to customer service of these emails but they weren't bothered and pretty much told me jog on and and ended the chat.

I'm not that hard up that I need this €13 quid to feed the weans or anything, but I am seriously p1ssed off with a) how they could do this and b) the disdainful way in which I was treated. It's the principle of the thing here.

Anyone have any advice on how I could resolve this matter? Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Check whatever their rules are in relation to dormant accounts.

https://support.paddypower.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3623/~/inactive-account-fees

Had a quick look and it says you should get a full refund if you start using the account again. Odd that your account was seemingly removed from the system, did you self exclude from Betfair in the meantime? As if you exclude from Paddys or Betfair they'll close the other account too.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

Cheers for the reply. Nope, have never had a Betfair account, and have only placed about 4/5 bets using my PP account in around 10 years.

According to that link, I can reactive my account by logging in. Unfortunately, my account is gone with no trace of it on the website, so I can't log in. I didn't know about the inactive account fees tbh so I guess my balance went to zero and they just deleted my account. Odd that I got no emails about this, but maybe they went into my spam folder and subsequently got deleted.

Advertisement