Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tanqueray Flor de Sevilla in Dublin (off licence)?

• 14-08-2018 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭

Have trawled through all the online off licence chains I've found and no luck yet. Have fallen in love with this gin with ginger ale on several visits to the UK but cannot find it here anywhere. Has anyone spotted it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Caranica wrote: »
    Have trawled through all the online off licence chains I've found and no luck yet. Have fallen in love with this gin with ginger ale on several visits to the UK but cannot find it here anywhere. Has anyone spotted it?

I’m sure I saw it in an O’Briens window.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Marcusm wrote: »
    I’m sure I saw it in an O’Briens window.

Tried two O'Briens' and online. Ended up with Whitley Neill blood orange but I'll keep searching for the other. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

RasTa wrote: »

Alcohol is prohibited but I know some people who've gotten away with it. Thanks though.

Passing through Gatwick on a day trip next month and their duty free/airport shopping has a huge range of hard to get vodkas so I'm hoping they'll have this gin.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Asking in an independent is probably the best bet; its likely to sell if they get a single case in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Caranica wrote: »
    Tried two O'Briens' and online. Ended up with Whitley Neill blood orange but I'll keep searching for the other. Thanks

How is the Whiteley Neil?
    Any of their products I've tried have been an artificial tasting, sugary mess?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Tesco and Sainsburys up north have it, if that's any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

How is the Whiteley Neil?
    Any of their products I've tried have been an artificial tasting, sugary mess?

Was going to ask the similar. Did not like their rhubarb version at all.

dudara wrote: »

The rhubarb one is pure sugar, sickly sweet. Will let you know about this one after tonight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

dudara wrote: »

There's a rhubarb vodka that is horrendous, too.

• Advertisement

Blood orange is too sugary too, fingers crossed for Gatwick in two weeks or else a trip to NI is needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Let us know if you get it in a UK airport. I fly around a lot for work/family etc so always looking for something nice to pick up on the way home.

Would you say this is really only for someone who likes flavored gins?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

They have this in Terminal 2 at Dublin airport.

Update from Gatwick, they have it but only duty free. Talking to the guy he said it's only on the market just over two months and it should be more prevalent in the coming months. It is an artificial flavour but because Tanqueray are an old gin house they know their stuff and it is one of the better flavoured gins, not sugar laden.

€46 in T1 this morning to EU travellers, will pick up a bottle next month when I'm back in the airport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That's expensive unless it's for 1L. Only £25 in the supermarkets in the UK

I've just spotted it in Dunnes on North Earl Street, €40 for 70cl. I've a €5 off voucher so I'm a happy camper!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

Tesco are now selling it. and i may be wrong, but I think i saw it on O'briens site now too.

Advertisement