Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power money back specials, be wary

Options
  • 16-08-2018 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭

Word of warning (and taking the opportunity to vent) about Paddypower, punters friend and self-described 'home of the money back special'. I backed an enhanced 1st goalscorer price last Saturday in the Dublin v Galway GAA game, I backed con O'Callaghan at the enhanced 9/1 (pp price was 8/1, 9's available elsewhere). I like pp's refund offer if the player scores anytime. He duly did, 2 days later, still no refund, 2 very long and time consuming live chats later, sorry, offer applies to first goalscorer market only, your enhanced price (although a first goalscorer market, is not included). I should add, it was for a tenner!!!
    In similar type situations with Betfair, William hill and in shop pp, they generally give the free bet anyway, genuine confusion etc, but I have always found pp online support to be the most intransigent shower, it does them no favours imo. Rant over, moral is, don't bother with pp enhanced prices if you think you may need the insurance of a money back special!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

did you get your money back ? or what are you moaning about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Elvisjuice wrote: »

No, they refused to refund my bet as they said that the enhanced price offered meant that my bet no longer qualified for the money back special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

Elvisjuice wrote: »
    Easy on he’s only warning other punters .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

spurshero wrote: »
    Easy on he’s only warning other punters .

should read the small print, powers enhanced bets are a joke

Advertisement