Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

Hi.

Ok mad request, stayed in clayton hotel wexford. Matress was amazing so I decided to check. It was a clayton 1000 spring matress. Think it was king koil not sure.

Ever heard of this.

Bought a durabed tencel 1000 6 months ago and to say it has been a disaster is an understatement. It's too warm and we both have back pain most mornings.

Looking for a king size. What would you think would be best. I like soft.

Thanks fergald

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

Also is there anywhere in Dublin I can view/try out the mattresses? I can’t get to Longford until later on in the month, thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

KathleenF wrote: »
    Hi Mickey. Looking for two full double beds with excellent quality, supportive comfortable mattresses. Really like a king Koil 1400 pocket sprung mattress I saw today with 4 drawer storage divan and fabric headboard. Wondering if you’d anything similar in stock and how much it would be? Thanks.

Hi Kathleen

We don't stock King Koil but we have many other big brand beds and mattresses at discounted prices. We still have some John Lewis 5000 pocket sprung mattresses for 499 euro. Bases with 4 drawers from 250 euro to 350 euro. Fabric headboards from 59 euro.

Give me a call and we will work out something for you to try some of them without having to call down to us. 043 3345488/ 0868356888

Thanks

Bigmickey

Hey Mickey,

Do you still have the John Lewis mattress in stock? Size double, and I'll be looking for a divan with some storage and a headboard.

You're not open Sundays by any chance?

Yes but not many double mattresses in John Lewis left. Bases and headboards are no problem. We open Sundays from 12 to 5pm

Thanks

Bigmickey

Jay Dee wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for 2 Single Mattresses.
    I've seen the website and it's confusing me.
    The mattresses would have to be firm, hardwearing, good quality material.
    Not saying yours are not...... just can't workout which ones I should look at.

Delivery to Cork city.

Thanks

Jay
    Hi Jay

We have budget ones from 50 euro upwards. It all depends on budget. You get what you pay for. One of our biggest sellers is the Raz. Hotels and Guest Houses buy this all the time and no issues. Price is 199 euro for single. You can spend less and you can also spend much more. We go to Cork on a regular basis and it's free delivery.

Bigmickey

• Advertisement

fergald wrote: »
    Hi.

Ok mad request, stayed in clayton hotel wexford. Matress was amazing so I decided to check. It was a clayton 1000 spring matress. Think it was king koil not sure.

Ever heard of this.

Bought a durabed tencel 1000 6 months ago and to say it has been a disaster is an understatement. It's too warm and we both have back pain most mornings.

Looking for a king size. What would you think would be best. I like soft.

Thanks fergald

Hi Fergald

You could phone the hotel and ask them exactly what it was. We don't sell durabed either. We still have some kingsize in John Lewis 5000 pocket sprung for 499 euro. Many of the guys on here got them and all positive so far. We also have many others in stock. We always have over a thousand mattresses in stock at all times. Give me a call if you like 043 3345488 or 086 8356888

thanks

Bigmickey

Hey Mickey,

Do you still have the John Lewis mattress in stock? Size double, and I'll be looking for a divan with some storage and a headboard.

You're not open Sundays by any chance?

Yes some left but not many. Open Sundays 12 to 5pm.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

Hi Kathleen

We don't stock King Koil but we have many other big brand beds and mattresses at discounted prices. We still have some John Lewis 5000 pocket sprung mattresses for 499 euro. Bases with 4 drawers from 250 euro to 350 euro. Fabric headboards from 59 euro.

Give me a call and we will work out something for you to try some of them without having to call down to us. 043 3345488/ 0868356888

Thanks

Bigmickey

Great stuff thanks, I’ll be onto you tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Hi,

Can you give me a link to the € 199.00 one and and another one or two € 200/250.00 if possible.

Thanks

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Hi
    Looking for a triple bunk with a double mattress. (have the single mattress already)

Can you let me know if you have anything?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Stupify

Looking for two beds myself soon, a double and a king. Do you still have a few of the John Lewis?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Do you sell Mini-Double Mattresses? I don't require a base as the one I have is perfect. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Hi Mick,

Looking to order a John Lewis double mattress to Cork. Just wondering if you do removal of the old one also? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mick4_2000

Hi mick4_2000

Should have all that for you within your budget. Just back from UK this morning and got some walnut bedroom furniture. Should have a matching headboard also. Trailer is in Dublin Port so have to get it down and emptied.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Hey guys can you send on the links to these if you have them up somewhere as I won't be able to travel to view them and would prefer to sort it from home and get the stuff delivered.

Jay Dee wrote: »
    Hi,

Can you give me a link to the € 199.00 one and and another one or two € 200/250.00 if possible.

Thanks

Jay

Hi Jay

Link to Raz mattress

https://bigmickey.ie/product/best-rest-raz-mattress-11/

We have maany mattresses that are not on our site. These can be the best bargains at times. Give me a call- 086 8356888/ 043 3345488. We have a trip to Cork planned in the next few days if any use to you.

Thanks

Bigmickey

zefer wrote: »
    Hi
    Looking for a triple bunk with a double mattress. (have the single mattress already)

Can you let me know if you have anything?

thanks

We have a few different ones. Do you want the bottom bunk to be 4ft or 4ft 6in. We have a couple of display models that are coming up for sale at half price also.. Branded mattresses from E99 for the bottom bunk.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Stupify wrote: »
    Looking for two beds myself soon, a double and a king. Do you still have a few of the John Lewis?

Hi Stupify

Have plenty of Kingsize but not so many doubles left.
    Thanks

Bigmickey

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Do you sell Mini-Double Mattresses? I don't require a base as the one I have is perfect. Thanks.

When you say mini double , do you mean 4ft / 120cm wide ? If so , we have a couple of hundred of them from E99 upwards.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Hi Mick,

Looking to order a John Lewis double mattress to Cork. Just wondering if you do removal of the old one also? Thanks.

Hi Cherry_Cola

Yes we take the old mattresses away to an authorized recycling center for 15 euro

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

Hi
    Are there single versions of these John Lewis mattresses that everyone seems to be asking about?!
    Tks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

We have a few different ones. Do you want the bottom bunk to be 4ft or 4ft 6in. We have a couple of display models that are coming up for sale at half price also.. Branded mattresses from E99 for the bottom bunk.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Super stuff. I think 4ft 6 for bottom bunk. Can you send me links of ones coming up for sale?

Thanks

legend99 wrote: »
    Hi
    Are there single versions of these John Lewis mattresses that everyone seems to be asking about?!
    Tks

Hi

We did have them when we got this stock in first but they are long gone. We have many other single mattresses and also have some ex display models from our own shop that are been sold off shortly at half price.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Hello,

Looking for a super king size bed (we have a mattress already).

https://bigmickey.ie/product/limelight-aurora-duck-egg-bed-frame/

Can you tell me if the mattress will sit into the above frame? And if so how deep is it? We have a thick mattress and ideally we want the mattress to sit into the frame.

And if not, can you suggest a similar frame that the mattress will sit into?

Thanks in advance.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Hello,

Looking for a super king size bed (we have a mattress already).

https://bigmickey.ie/product/limelight-aurora-duck-egg-bed-frame/

Can you tell me if the mattress will sit into the above frame? And if so how deep is it? We have a thick mattress and ideally we want the mattress to sit into the frame.

And if not, can you suggest a similar frame that the mattress will sit into?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there

Yes the mattress sits in to the frame.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hi bigmickey.ie

Do you have any better photos of the Julian Bowen Pickwick Bed Frame? The base of it and the thickness? Is it sturdy/solid?

https://bigmickey.ie/product/julian-bowen-pickwick-bed-frame-2/

Hi bigmickey.ie

Do you have any better photos of the Julian Bowen Pickwick Bed Frame? The base of it and the thickness? Is it sturdy/solid?

https://bigmickey.ie/product/julian-bowen-pickwick-bed-frame-2/

Hi

Here is a link to the suppliers web site

https://julian-bowen.co.uk/product/pickwick-bed

Thanks

bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

looking at bargaintowns deal for a white kobi bunk and 2 mattresses for 349.

can you beat it with a product BM?

Ty

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Hi Big Mick,

We are looking at a king Vitality Latex and Kenny Bed Frame in HN. I was wondering if you had the same or something similar?
    Thanks.

Catmologen wrote: »
    Hi Big Mick,

We are looking at a king Vitality Latex and Kenny Bed Frame in HN. I was wondering if you had the same or something similar?
    Thanks.

Absolutely no problem beating that price and with a much better quality mattress too I might add. Our Jade 1500 Latex mattress which is twin sided and turnable with a 5 year Guarantee for E749 delivered and in stock. We will have many others also and have quite a few quality mattresses that are on clearance price as models are changing.

As regards the bed frame is it the dark wood or the light colour that you are interested in ?

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Absolutely no problem beating that price and with a much better quality mattress too I might add. Our Jade 1500 Latex mattress which is twin sided and turnable with a 5 year Guarantee for E749 delivered and in stock. We will have many others also and have quite a few quality mattresses that are on clearance price as models are changing.

As regards the bed frame is it the dark wood or the light colour that you are interested in ?

Thanks

Bigmickey

Light one please Mick.

Advertisement