Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kanger Topbox Mini Fire button is stuck

Options
  • 16-08-2018 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭

I bought the Topbox Mini kit on Amazon less than a month ago and it has never once been dropped or fallen.

The other day though the fire button started activating by itself and it was very difficult to get it to stop. The click action seems fine on it so I've no idea what's going on.

I opened it, thereby voiding the warranty, as I thought there would be some lint of something interfering with it but it looked fine.

Anyone else experience this?

I'm thinking I'll have to buy a new mod and will keep the tank. Anyone have any suggestions for a mod of similar size but that isn't Kanger? Will never buy their products again after this.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Kangertech stuff is junk. They were a big deal back in the day but never kept up with vape tech or trends and you hardly even hear them mentioned these days.

Check out the Aspire Zelos, Innokin Oceanus or Eleaf Istick Pico which are similar to the Topbox Mini but much better quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Venom wrote: »
    Kangertech stuff is junk. They were a big deal back in the day but never kept up with vape tech or trends and you hardly even hear them mentioned these days.

Check out the Aspire Zelos, Innokin Oceanus or Eleaf Istick Pico which are similar to the Topbox Mini but much better quality.

Thanks very much. Yeah a few years ago I had a Kanger product and the guy in the shop said they were one of the best.

I watched some reviews on the Top Tank and they were all positive so that's annoying. I was happy when it was working but it's unacceptable that it would break within a month without even being dropped once. Kanger customer support is meant to be nonexistent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

John_Mc wrote: »
    Thanks very much. Yeah a few years ago I had a Kanger product and the guy in the shop said they were one of the best.

I watched some reviews on the Top Tank and they were all positive so that's annoying. I was happy when it was working but it's unacceptable that it would break within a month without even being dropped once. Kanger customer support is meant to be nonexistent too.

In fairness to Kanger, they were one of the companies that really made sub ohm vaping a mainstream thing with their subtank range. Sadly the quality of the product is just not there when compared to other companies in the same price range. I picked up a Toptank mini and in the space of a few weeks despite being careful with it, the paint flaked off like crazy not to mention getting coils for it was a nightmare. The similarly priced Smok Baby Beast I moved on to, is in exactly the same condition now as it was coming out of the box and I would consider Smok one of the budget vape brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I had a kanger subtank mod a couple of years back, and similar to you, the black paint started flaking off both the mod and the tank. I didn't relish the idea of possible paint fragments in the tank so I binned it. Currently I'm using an eleaf Invoke paired with a kayfun for my MTL and an RSQ hotcig for a bit of squonking. The hotcig, although was pretty pricey, is built like a tank and have had zero problems with it. The invoke too is built very well.

Advertisement