Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocking Neighbors Pillar

Options
  • 13-08-2018 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hello all,

I live on a gable end house, I’m the only house that doesn’t have a parking space outside my door. I don’t know exactly why but it’s just the way the house was built. I was thinking about concreting my front garden to park my car, but there is my neighbors pillar preventing me access to my garden .I chatted to my neighbor and he has no problem in me knocking it. I’m just wondering would this then need to be put in my neighbors house plans.

Thanks a mill I hope someone can advise me!!

Gar

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Garrett81 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I live on a gable end house, I’m the only house that doesn’t have a parking space outside my door. I don’t know exactly why but it’s just the way the house was built. I was thinking about concreting my front garden to park my car, but there is my neighbors pillar preventing me access to my garden .I chatted to my neighbor and he has no problem in me knocking it. I’m just wondering would this then need to be put in my neighbors house plans.

Thanks a mill I hope someone can advise me!!

Gar

First you need planning permission to create the vehicular entrance.
    Then you create the entrance by carrying out the works to the boundary wall.
    Then you pay the council to dish the foot path so you have a dropped curb and easy access into the new vehicular entrance.

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Garrett81

kceire wrote: »
    First you need planning permission to create the vehicular entrance.
    Then you create the entrance by carrying out the works to the boundary wall.
    Then you pay the council to dish the foot path so you have a dropped curb and easy access into the new vehicular entrance.

Where are you based?

Thanks kceire,

I’m based in county limerick

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Garrett81 wrote: »
    Thanks kceire,

I’m based in county limerick

Cheers,

I'm not familiar with Limerick CC, but the same rules should apply.

Advertisement