Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waterford city - best broadband/tv reception

Options
  • 12-08-2018 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

any suggestions? currently with sky for tv and Vodafone for broadband... was looking at virginmedia but wondering what the reception/speed is like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

virgin internet is very good, but the TV isn’t anywhere near as good as Sky. If you’re looking to save money and are happy with your Vodafone (assuming it’s not SIRO fibre to home you’re on) , then change to Sky for broadband. They do very good 12 month offers when you take the broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lighthouse76

what do you mean no good? as in channel choice? I've no interest in movies or sports so it'd just be basic tv package im interested in

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They lost a load of channels recently, the user interface isn’t nearly as good as sky, and the box has a good few quirks/bugs. There’s talk of a new “V6” box coming out in a few months, I’d hold off till then. Sky do the best channel lineup and have the best box.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

colm_mcm wrote:
    They lost a load of channels recently, the user interface isn’t nearly as good as sky, and the box has a good few quirks/bugs. There’s talk of a new “V6†box coming out in a few months, I’d hold off till then. Sky do the best channel lineup and have the best box.

Sky BB can be fairly ****e in certain parts of the city, vm BB probably best in the town

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

if its basic tv, just get a Saorview and a fta satellite system installed, once off payment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They lost a load of channels recently, the user interface isn’t nearly as good as sky, and the box has a good few quirks/bugs. There’s talk of a new “V6” box coming out in a few months, I’d hold off till then. Sky do the best channel lineup and have the best box.

They got those channels back, if it's the UK TV ones you are speaking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lighthouse76

no i'm not talking about saorview… I want a few more channels than that. Vodafone have now offered bb and tv for 60 per month for 12months? Any opinions on Vodafone tv??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Ask your neighbors, as services can vary greatly across the town

Advertisement