Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas boxes

Options
  • 22-07-2018 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭

I’ve been gathering up a lot of little bits and pieces with the intention of putting together a sort of hamper for a friend. I still want the excitement of not knowing what’s inside though. Is there such a thing as large Christmas gift boxes and where would I look for them closer to the time? Googling is not making me optimistic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

And this is the Christmas forum!

Depends on what you need Op? Like is it a hamper? Or a decorated cardboard box? Or something more fancy like a wooden Christmas Eve box?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,223 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It all really depends op. What's the budget?
    Do you want some kind of fancy box or just a box wrapped.
    What do you want it to include?
    Is it times that would be useful for them over Christmas such as food/etc. Or more something novelty like with candles,books,etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

My preference would be a cardboard decorated box with a lid. I did find one option online but it’s only about the size of a shoebox. I’ve already gathered up quite a few food items and beauty products. I know I could just use wrapping paper on a plain box, but I don’t want it to feel cheap. I could go for a large gift bag I suppose. Packaging isn’t my strong point.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Theres about 10000 options here and some pretty large ones (you now have me shopping for Christmas in July lol)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=large+christmas+gift+box

Most won't deliver to Ireland so use with parcel motel or similar

Whiplashy wrote: »
    My preference would be a cardboard decorated box with a lid. I did find one option online but it’s only about the size of a shoebox. I’ve already gathered up quite a few food items and beauty products. I know I could just use wrapping paper on a plain box, but I don’t want it to feel cheap. I could go for a large gift bag I suppose. Packaging isn’t my strong point.

Stencil a big plain cardboard box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Love this !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Thanks guys :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Easons, Arnotts, Dunnes, Hallmark and the Card Gallery do lovely cardboard gift boxes, in various sizes.
    They don't stock them until November though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Whiplashy wrote: »

If you wait for a few weeks dunnes do lovely boxes in 3 different sizes. You can buy some cellophane from a hobby shop or even dealz and do a hamper . They are lovely when done and the boxes are reasonably cheap if I remember from last year !

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭tomo75

Where can the stencils be purchased??

• Advertisement

tomo75 wrote: »
    Where can the stencils be purchased??

Not a notion, I was just googling at the time! Sorry

Advertisement