Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is a Fiat 127 worth? My old car

• 29-07-2018 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I used to have a 1982 Fiat 127.
    The ugly big plastic bumper ones.
    I gave it away years ago.
    The man I gave it too has parked it up and I am considering getting it back.
    It would need rust repair in several places.
    Whats a fair offer/starting point??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,744 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You gave it away for free and the man has neither used the car nor has he put work into it?

He'd be a right dick if took any money off you for it imho...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Alan_Ganley

Yeah but its Ireland ...
    Gratitude lasts as long as long as you remain in sight.
    Then it leaks away fast.
    I dont expect him to give it back.
    That'd be nice though.

Offer him €500 and hope he has the decency to just hand it over without accepting your money?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

I often amortise the cost of a classic car in my own mind by adding up the years of storage costs, so maybe this lad deserves a few bob for minding it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Bigus wrote: »
    I often amortise the cost of a classic car in my own mind by adding up the years of storage costs, so maybe this lad deserves a few bob for minding it .

He had the use of the car for free, At the least, they must cancel out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

He had the use of the car for free, At the least, they must cancel out?

It appears to have been parked up and "minded" since it was given away, even a nominal €100 euro a year would be a grand after 10 years.

Bigus wrote: »

He wasn't really minding it and the deal was that he would do it up (that's why the OP handed it over to him for free - feeling that the car would go to a more deserving owner). The deal was not that he would store it for the OP. That said I see where you are coming from

I feel my suggestion of the offering €500 is not a bad one. If the lad accepts it, he is €500 better off and the OP has his car back for a nominal fee

Any update, Alan_Ganley?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

unkel wrote: »
    He wasn't really minding it and the deal was that he would do it up (that's why the OP handed it over to him for free - feeling that the car would go to a more deserving owner). The deal was not that he would store it for the OP. That said I see where you are coming from

I feel my suggestion of the offering €500 is not a bad one. If the lad accepts it, he is €500 better off and the OP has his car back for a nominal fee

Any update, Alan_Ganley?

I,m a bit confused here, i never saw that.

kadman wrote: »
    I,m a bit confused here, i never saw that.

He never said it, I'm just reading between the lines :p

Maybe I'm completely wrong here of course, we have to wait for the OP to come back to us

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

In all fairness, if i looked for stuff that I gave away 10 years ago, to be given back..
    I,d get some pretty strange looks. And it would be a very long list:)

And some stuff, no body wanted:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

unkel wrote: »
    You gave it away for free and the man has neither used the car nor has he put work into it?

He'd be a right dick if took any money off you for it imho...

What's with the anger and judgement? The poster has not even communicated with the owner about getting the car back! Let him grow some balls and ask him before you stamp on the owners!

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

I didn't intend to start an argument.
    Anyway.
    The man is ill I've been informed.
    So I've let it be for now rather than bugging him.
    There is a friend living quite close as it turns out and he will let me know when/if the mans health improves.
    So we wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Just out of curiosity, was the name changed on the log book, or do you know?

red sean wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, was the name changed on the log book, or do you know?

I dont know!
    Hmmm:)

Advertisement