Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding to my bar - Coors tap help

Options
  • 02-08-2018 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've a bud and guinness setup.

I want to swap the bud to coors, i got a tap but there is 3 lines coming out of the single tap. Why is this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Hi

I've a bud and guinness setup.

I want to swap the bud to coors, i got a tap but there is 3 lines coming out of the single tap. Why is this?

Beer line in, chiller line in and out.
    You can just ignore the chiller lines, if you like.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

It's probably an ice cold tap, so one line is for beer and the other two are for chilling fluid to circulate round and freeze the tower.

Like this...

Kytelers%2B3.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

One for vague beer taste. One for water. One for urine. You can hardwire the second two to the jacks. Is that not the way you ran the Bud lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

@endacl , please be more constructive in your responce next time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Ginger83

noby wrote: »
    Beer line in, chiller line in and out.
    You can just ignore the chiller lines, if you like.

Thanks, 2 pipes are big, 1 small. I presume big 1s are chiller?

• Advertisement

irish_goat wrote: »
    It's probably an ice cold tap, so one line is for beer and the other two are for chilling fluid to circulate round and freeze the tower.

Like this...

Kytelers%2B3.JPG

Yes thats exactly it, thanks.

endacl wrote: »
    One for vague beer taste. One for water. One for urine. You can hardwire the second two to the jacks. Is that not the way you ran the Bud lines?

Haha thats brilliant.

Thanks, 2 pipes are big, 1 small. I presume big 1s are chiller?

Most likely.

Most likely.

The big lines are the same size. Is there a way to test it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

OP have you built a home bar yourself, I'm at the planning stages of mine, can you give any advice, pics, etc

• Advertisement

GoneHome wrote: »
    OP have you built a home bar yourself, I'm at the planning stages of mine, can you give any advice, pics, etc

I had a temporary bar setup what what i've done is had a company make me an oak whiskey barrel with round top. I have a guinness and coors tap fitted and i'm going to store all equipment in a storage box outside and just bring 2 beer lines in.

The big lines are the same size. Is there a way to test it?

Well, you could just pull down the tap, blow into it, and see which line the air comes out. That's your beer line. If your hooking up the other two to you're chiller it doesn't matter which way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

Well, you could just pull down the tap, blow into it, and see which line the air comes out. That's your beer line. If your hooking up the other two to you're chiller it doesn't matter which way.
    Usually (i say usually) beer line is 5/16" and the chiller ones will be 3/8".

There is actually a right way and wrong way to plumb up the cold side of things too, as one way will fill the font to the top before draining out the outlet. There is a long tube or manifold arrangemnt in the casting in the font that will allow it to fill to the to.

That should be fairly straightforward also, connect it up one way and it will look right, if it fails to sweat or ice, then its probably the wrong way. (You may need to take it off and give it a shaking as it can get airlocked if its plumbed up the wrong way)

Thanks

gucci wrote: »
    Usually (i say usually) beer line is 5/16" and the chiller ones will be 3/8".

There is actually a right way and wrong way to plumb up the cold side of things too, as one way will fill the font to the top before draining out the outlet. There is a long tube or manifold arrangemnt in the casting in the font that will allow it to fill to the to.

That should be fairly straightforward also, connect it up one way and it will look right, if it fails to sweat or ice, then its probably the wrong way. (You may need to take it off and give it a shaking as it can get airlocked if its plumbed up the wrong way)

I might just use it without the chiller.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

I had a temporary bar setup what what i've done is had a company make me an oak whiskey barrel with round top. I have a guinness and coors tap fitted and i'm going to store all equipment in a storage box outside and just bring 2 beer lines in.

Who did the barrel?

limnam wrote: »
    Who did the barrel?

Am i allowed to name them? They are in Celbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Am i allowed to name them? They are in Celbridge.

Sure

limnam wrote: »
    Sure

RKD in Celbridge.

Advertisement