Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine as a gift ... should I keep it up?

Options
  • 31-07-2018 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I received a lovely 1.5lt bottle of Zaccagnini Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 'Twiggy' 2015 in a beautiful wooden presentation box and was wondering should I keep it up for a special occasion or just start drinking it.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I wouldn't lash into it on my own. More like drink it on the next weekend with two friends. With another bottle you know you like, just in case it tastes like ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Wait til the next time there's 2 or 3 people. And drink it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Drink it. It's a nice wine and there's nothing to be gained by holding on to it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

thanks for the advice.. would it keep okay / improve if I kept it until christmas when I am more likely to have friends over for a dinner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,155 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It shouldnt get any worse and may improve. Just make sure to store it so bottle is flat on its side not upright so wine in contact with cork... assuming it is cork closure.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

thanks for the advice.. would it keep okay / improve if I kept it until christmas when I am more likely to have friends over for a dinner?

It's unlikely to improve but 5 months wouldn't really see a noticeable improvement in any wine .

It's really a wine to buy to drink. It'll be grand for xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It’s not a massive keeper of a wine. Storing it in cool, dark conditions until Christmas should be fine. Then crack it open and enjoy with friends. Such be a nice wine with the turkey or in front of a fire.

Advertisement