Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy old or damaged boats?

Options
  • 30-07-2018 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello

Any info would be amazing, complete newbie to boating.............

Can anyone advise where to buy old or damaged boats for cheap?

I'm doing an art project and need three as the base for sculptures asap.

Is there any boat scrap yards members might know of in Ireland?

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Every boatyard I've seen has a corner somewhere where the old bust up forgotten boats are. Take a roadtrip and have a nose around, I'm sure they would be open to offers to get rid of the rubbish.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Done deal and the likes, but you'll need to pay for transport which can be costly (assuming the old boat stays together when being lifted and transported).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 plunkea

Thanks for the help, finding it super hard to find boatyards online that have older boats, guess its more of a go and see type thing
    fingers crossed i find one and find transport!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

plunkea wrote: »
    Thanks for the help, finding it super hard to find boatyards online that have older boats, guess its more of a go and see type thing

They won't advertise junk on the internet when they are trying to sell items for €,000s. You'd have to call them and ask.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

plunkea wrote: »

Don't look for boatyards as such look in the marinas and sailing clubs, Waterways Ireland have been lifting old boats from the lakes, river's and canals around Ireland over the past few months that should be coming up for sale or scraped soon, might be worth giving them a call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 plunkea

fergal.b wrote: »
    Don't look for boatyards as such look in the marinas and sailing clubs, Waterways Ireland have been lifting old boats from the lakes, river's and canals around Ireland over the past few months that should be coming up for sale or scraped soon, might be worth giving them a call.

oh that's a really good idea thanks il give em a call tomorrow

Advertisement