Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken/Bud/Carlsberg/Coors 33oml cans

Options
  • 27-07-2018 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭

Lads,

Anyone know where I could pick and of the above up in 330 ml cans rather than bottles? I enjoy the 330 ml cans as I think the 500ml cans go a bit stale when you are just sipping them. They don't really seem to be a thing in Ireland. See them on Amazon but can't get them delivered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Haven't seen those brands in 330mls, only bottles and 500 ml cans.

Smithwicks do their Pale Ale and Blonde in 330ml cans, and currently on offer 6 for €10 in Tesco.

I've seen 330ml cans in ALDI priced cheaper but not of the major beer brands.

Carling have 440ml cans:
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268179654

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I only see them for heineken in supermarkets around christmas. They are usually quite a bit more expensive than 330ml bottles too, any reason you do not want the bottles?

You can get 440ml cans in tesco a lot, intended for the UK market, don't think I have seen the brands you mention though. 440ml is a good size and it is enough for me to get over that "dead end of the can" you talk about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Hassle of getting rid of bottle I suppose at the bottle banks. Cans would be easier. Plus I think beer tastes nicer from a can.

I tried the Aldi 1079. 4 for 3.50. Nasty stuff. Pilsener.

Not sure why they are always more expensive. Tesco a few years ago done the Carlsberg330ml 6 for 6 euro.

rubadub wrote: »
    I only see them for heineken in supermarkets around christmas. They are usually quite a bit more expensive than 330ml bottles too, any reason you do not want the bottles?

You can get 440ml cans in tesco a lot, intended for the UK market, don't think I have seen the brands you mention though. 440ml is a good size and it is enough for me to get over that "dead end of the can" you talk about.

Would agree that 440ml is a good size but I wouldn't be a fan of Carling to be honest. Will keep an eye out though.

Anyway to have it delivered to Ireland via Amazon?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Dunnes has 12-packs of Grolsch 330ml cans for €12 if that's any use to you.

• Advertisement

Yeh thanks for that.

Grolsch is Dutch I think. Very similar to Heineken IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The grolsch in tesco is 5% and brewed in the UK, it is currently 24 for 24x500ml in tesco.

Anybody I know who drank it found it totally fine, most of these are not into craft beers but mainstream ones like you listed. I like it, to me it is very generic and I could not imagine anybody who drinks mainstream beers who would not like it, as there is simply no peculiar or distinguishing taste that I can get off it.

Definitely worth a try.

There are lots of dunnes 10 euro off a spend of 50 doing the rounds at the moment, both in newspapers and being sent out.

The other option is simply not drinking and just dumping the dead bit, might work out cheaper. I knew a guy who used to leave loads in the end of a can, he was a nightmare if he was around drinking in someones house, as you had all these cans 1/4 full about the place, he would have lots as he was drinking less.

Heinekens are 24 for 24x500ml in tesco too, I doubt you would find 330ml cans of it that cheap

Advertisement