Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now ye’re talking - to someone with mental illness

Options
124»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 42 Verified rep I'm recovering from mental illness, AMA

Almost immediately, the main SSRI I'm on has some pretty nasty withdrawal so it difficult to know if it's that or not though. The other meds I'm on, I wouldn't notice as quickly but they're more to help the motivation side of things and effect dopamine more so are not as effective on mood.
    Good old pills and alcohol or hanging

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ASISEEIT

In my experience people say one thing about mental health but dobt really mean it. They claim to be tolerant but really aren't. The services are terrible too. Would you agree ?

• Company Representative Posts: 42 Verified rep I'm recovering from mental illness, AMA

Most people I've come across have been genuinely tolerant, at least to my face! Services seem very difficult to access.

Most people I've come across have been genuinely tolerant, at least to my face! Services seem very difficult to access.

I'm jealous of those people that are intolerant of the whole thing

Pretty sure this will be wrapped up soon so any last minute questions please do ask!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Country barman AMA 28 pages.
    Mental Health AMA 8 pages.
    Think it's still a bit of a taboo subject even on an anonymous forum

Country barman AMA 28 pages.
    Mental Health AMA 8 pages.
    Think it's still a bit of a taboo subject even on an anonymous forum

Way to make me feel loved Goldenwonders! :pac:

Thanks for all the questions folks, best of luck to anyone with similar issues. I'm signing off now. Make sure if you feel depressed you speak to someone!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks so much for the questions and very frank and helpful answers! I'll close this up now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement