Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV channels questions

• 29-07-2018 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Going to upgrade old tv we've had for years, just have a few questions i'm stuck on.

We are currently getting our channels through local area connection with a coaxial connection from outside. With this we get the Irish channels and UTV, BBC1, BBC2, CH4.

If i was to get a combi box with a coaxial connection could i get these channels in HD?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

CBcw wrote: »
    Going to upgrade old tv we've had for years, just have a few questions i'm stuck on.

We are currently getting our channels through local area connection with a coaxial connection from outside. With this we get the Irish channels and UTV, BBC1, BBC2, CH4.

If i was to get a combi box with a coaxial connection could i get these channels in HD?

You need to explain what you meant by this.

To what or whom is your coax cable connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CBcw

Our coax is coming from outside the house through the wall and from there straight to our tv

CBcw wrote: »
    Our coax is coming from outside the house through the wall and from there straight to our tv

To what is it connected outside?
    From where is the signal you are viewing coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CBcw

This is where i'm a bit hazy, it's a local area thing. I think the signal is sourced from mount leinster.
    We have a box on the wall outside and me and my neighbour have coax coming from that into our homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Is it cable TV from Virgin Media (previously UPC / Cable link)?

Can you post a pic of the box outside?

If it is cable TV, then a combi box won't get any additional channels, you'd need a satellite dish for BBC etc and aerial for RTE etc

• Advertisement

If you are receiving analogue channels from Virgin then you can expect them to disappear quite soon, as they are being withdrawn ...... unless you are paying for the TV service.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

If you are receiving analogue channels from Virgin then you can expect them to disappear quite soon, as they are being withdrawn ...... unless you are paying for the TV service.

you're kidding, how far away is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

In phases between now and 2019.

Thread here...
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057854980&page=12

mrmorgan wrote: »

Not kidding.

But if you are not receiving the channels from Virgin it does not affect you ....... and you have not as yet provided sufficient info to determine if that is the case.

Advertisement