Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Championship matches in a season?

Options
  • 29-07-2018 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

After yesterday's draw I was just adding up the amount of championship games Galway will have played in football and hurling this season. By my count the hurlers will have at least 8 matches while the footballers will have at least 7. So at least 15 games for all you math fans.

Back to the topic title.

What's the highest number of championship games a team has played in a hurling season?

What's the highest number of championship games a team has played in a football season?

What's the combined highest total of championship, hurling and football, a county has played in one season?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Didn't Tyrone play 10 games when they won Sam in 2005, pretty sure that's a record

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

shrewdness wrote: »
    Didn't Tyrone play 10 games when they won Sam in 2005, pretty sure that's a record

Well I know Meath played 9 in 1991 and came up short by 2 points in the final to Down.

A quick look at wilkipedia indicates 7 for Tyrone in 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Gael85

Tyrone played 10 games in 2005.Think Mayo played 10 championship games last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

dixiefly wrote: »
    A quick look at wilkipedia indicates 7 for Tyrone in 2005.

They had a few replays though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I would think with extra time Mayo hold the record from last year for time played.

Incidentally, Teddy McCarthy played 9 matches in 1990 when he won both hurling and football All Ireland's . He missed a Munster final through injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Barlett

Yeah it's Mayo and Tyrone both on 10 in football anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Gael85

KevRossi wrote: »
    I would think with extra time Mayo hold the record from last year for time played.

Incidentally, Teddy McCarthy played 9 matches in 1990 when he won both hurling and football All Ireland's . He missed a Munster final through injury.

How many championship games did Alan Kerins play with Galway between hurling/football in 2001?

Advertisement