Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ball placement

Options
  • 27-07-2018 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

I would like to know peoples thoughts on this...

You are clear and have the ability to place the ball anywhere you want. Your aim is to maximize the kicker's chances of converting the try you're about to score. Do you place it directly under the posts? Or at the base of either post depending on whether your kicker is right foot or left footed.

I'm right footed and dead straight doesn't sit easy with me. I would prefer to have it at the base of the left post as I look at the sticks.

Sometimes in golf, you'll often hear golfers say they don't like a dead straight put.

Where do you want to kick from? 7 votes

Dead straight
    0% 0 votes
    At the base of the posts
    100% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Thud

if you practice with straight follow through the ball should fly straight, curling the ball isn't the done thing any more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

It would be funny if you were clear and could score a try under the sticks but instead went for a drop goal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

It would be funny if you were clear and could score a try under the sticks but instead went for a drop goal

Ah, brings back fond memories of scoring 34 drop goals in one game with Shane Williams in Rugby 08.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Snug is the most comfortable.

Advertisement