Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Home Savers (Limerick, soon to be other places)

• 16-07-2018 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Home Savers have opened in Limerick and I visited the other day. Wandering around I noticed that much of the stuff had B&M bargains stickers. Love B&M and visit when I go North or England. I asked a member of staff what was the connection and he said that they are an offshoot of B&M . He also said they are opening more stores around the country in the near future.

Some great bargains in there. Some items similar to Homestore and More but also food, toiletries, electrical goods and much more.

They're on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Home-Savers-Limerick-190897701592967/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

If they're the same crowd that had a shop above Iceland in the Ilac Centre briefly then I got a great deal on a tv off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

There is a shop in Dublin called Star Buys that is definitely B&M in disguise. I wonder if they are calling the shops different things in different cities?

https://www.facebook.com/StarBuysDublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Visited there today. Good selection of crisps and chocolates.
    RoisinD wrote: »
    Home Savers have opened in Limerick and I visited the other day. Wandering around I noticed that much of the stuff had B&M bargains stickers. Love B&M and visit when I go North or England. I asked a member of staff what was the connection and he said that they are an offshoot of B&M . He also said they are opening more stores around the country in the near future.

Some great bargains in there. Some items similar to Homestore and More but also food, toiletries, electrical goods and much more.

They're on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Home-Savers-Limerick-190897701592967/

Is it basically just Dealz? There’s no bus out that way sadly unless you have a car

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

MB05 wrote: »
    There is a shop in Dublin called Star Buys that is definitely B&M in disguise. I wonder if they are calling the shops different things in different cities?

https://www.facebook.com/StarBuysDublin/

There's a good few of these types of shops after popping up. Similar one has opened in the Citywest Shopping centre and there's one beside ClareHall Tesco

The boom must be back as we are splashing out more than €1.50 for stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

It is like Mr. Price.
    Is it basically just Dealz? There’s no bus out that way sadly unless you have a car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Homesavers are operated by AIM wholesale.

They used to have the franchise for Iceland stores and promised 50+ stores.

They announced Homesavers about 8 years ago and claimed that there would be about 20 stores

They also operate "centz" and again said there'd be loads of stores.

So don't hold your breath on additional stores

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

The 307 Dublin coach route from William Street goes that way

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Some reasonable deals- but you really have to google the actual products while you're there- e.g. the Bosch Tassimo machine they're flogging for 69.99 this weekend- is on special in Supervalu @ 35.99- and the Blaupunkt pedestal fan is fiver cheaper in Argos etc etc............

Its a discount store- with good prices on some goods- and not so good prices on others- as long as you ignore the glitzy signs and the suggestions of a bargain- and know what you're looking for and what it costs elsewhere- esp. on the food items, you can get a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

These guys're coming to Carlow. Opening Thursday the 1st of November.

Recruitment is primarily via Turas Nua...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

they're basically ...a glorified pound shop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭cletus

fryup wrote: »
    they're basically ...a glorified pound shop

Awesome, I love buying cheap tat I don’t need, can’t wait for glorified tat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Del2005 wrote: »
    There's a good few of these types of shops after popping up. Similar one has opened in the Citywest Shopping centre and there's one beside ClareHall Tesco

The boom must be back as we are splashing out more than €1.50 for stuff

Things are getting boomier

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've been in there a few times, it's a similar setup to the likes of Dealz, Mr Price, Euro Giant, etc. Some things are cheaper while other things aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,330 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Homesavers have 10% off everything fort he next few days

Advertisement