Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Datsun Laurel C130

Options
  • 25-07-2018 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Anyone know if the 1972-1977 Datsun Laurel was officially sold here or if any were imported.
    I would put up a picture of one but my accounts too new

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,493 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I’m going to say yes on this, didn’t it precede the BlueBird ??

Now, living on a border county I may be thinking of imported cars but definitely remember seeing them about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

not entirely sure the specific C130, but there definitely was a Laural available on the Irish market.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jamesC.

The laurel was a step up from the Bluebird. It was to the Bluebird what the Granada is to the Cortina

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭CFlat

This thread has taken me back.

My dad bought a Datsun Laurel in and around 78/79. It wasn't new so cant help you OP. Im sure there were loads of Datsun garages around then but this one was bought in a Datsun dealer in Athlone. It was a light blue metallic colour. He later bought a Toyota Super Saloon, again s/h.

Sorry, just reminiscing about my dad here who died three years ago. He also in the early 70s bought a 2000 Rover and later the TC 2002 Rover.

I think he had great taste in cars but then maybe I'm biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jamesC.

CFlat wrote: »
    This thread has taken me back.

My dad bought a Datsun Laurel in and around 78/79. It wasn't new so cant help you OP. Im sure there were loads of Datsun garages around then but this one was bought in a Datsun dealer in Athlone. It was a light blue metallic colour. He later bought a Toyota Super Saloon, again s/h.

Sorry, just reminiscing about my dad here who died three years ago. He also in the early 70s bought a 2000 Rover and later the TC 2002 Rover.

I think he had great taste in cars but then maybe I'm biased.
    I have to agree with you there. I’d love to see pictures, especially of the laurel if you have any

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

I had an L200 sometime in the early to mid 80s. I remember that model changed to the Laurel and I even bought "Laurel" badges to replace the "L200" badges on the front wings. Loved that car. Mine was light green metallic.

I have a picture somewhere. Wonder if I can find it....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Can't recall seeing a C130 style Laurel around here. Obviously plenty of C230s were sold in Ireland in the late 70s. Would be a cool thing to have one of these big old jap barges (the Crown too) on the street nowadays.

Advertisement