Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old man pubs?

Options
  • 14-07-2018 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi folks,

What's the best old man pub in Waterford city? I have a friend staying there tonight, but I didn't have any good suggestions for him since I'd mainly just go to Geoffs or Phil Grimes when I'm in your neck of the woods.

I think he's mainly looking for less popular pubs with an older crowd, as he isn't the type to like nightclubs or loud music.

Thanks,
    Marc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I love Tom Maher for the selection and Barmen

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Few places

JK Walshs around the corner from John Roberts Square . The old stand on the Glen, the tavern on the yellow road, Nickys and Tap Room on Mayors Walk and Of course Tom Mahers

Few other places like Phil Grimes, tullys, Geoffs, Downes etc but can be quite busy with hipsters and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ImAHappyCamper

Hi folks,

What's the best old man pub in Waterford city? I have a friend staying there tonight, but I didn't have any good suggestions for him since I'd mainly just go to Geoffs or Phil Grimes when I'm in your neck of the woods.

I think he's mainly looking for less popular pubs with an older crowd, as he isn't the type to like nightclubs or loud music.

Thanks,
    Marc

Jordans on the quay is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

What's the Wander Inn like?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭curmudgeonly

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    What's the Wander Inn like?

Similar to John Thompsons bar with added pheromones

• Advertisement
Advertisement