Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Jobseekers allowed go through your Facebook?

Options
  • 24-07-2018 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

I was recently left unemployed and had to sign on for Jobseeker's Allowance. About a month later I did a gig with my band, I had posted about it on Facebook, a few days later an agent comes to my door with a printout of my Facebook page, they where demanding to know how much I got paid for this. I had to prove that it was for charity and I got paid nothing.
    I found the entire thing a complete invasion of privacy, the first thing I did was change my Facebook profile to private.
    Is this allowed? Can they be spying on you constantly like that?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,370 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

OP, this is not a political thread so I am closing it. I suggest you try the Work & Jobs forum.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement