Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Travel Ireland

Options
  • 22-07-2018 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever book a package with these guys? Looking at the Rome trip for the next six nations, price seems reasonable at 600 for 2 nights acom and return flights

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Went to SA for the Munster games this year, well organized trip
    Would recommend, have booked the RWC through them also

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Like all tour companies their ‘expertise’ is what you are paying for.

Looked at their summer tour to Australia and it could be done for a couple of grand cheaper (identical itinerary). Likewise for RWC in Japan - they are fleecing people scared on the language barrier in Japan that isn’t and won’t be a problem given the number of English speaking tourists who will be there for the event.

Some people like traveling in a group and paying extra for it, if that’s you then they have a pretty good reputation.

Personally would DIY myself and use the money saved for local attractions / meals / another trip etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭PMC83

Thanks for the feedback folks. I've actually traveled to this fixture before a few times before, never through a tour though. This year however flights seem way over the top if you want to to leave the day after the match Ryanair 379 for the return flight alone!

So 600 lids return including hotel doesn't seem so bad..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

PMC83 wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback folks. I've actually traveled to this fixture before a few times before, never through a tour though. This year however flights seem way over the top if you want to to leave the day after the match Ryanair 379 for the return flight alone!

So 600 lids return including hotel doesn't seem so bad..

Italy has a pretty good high speed rail network and Stadio Olympico isn't really IN Rome, it's on the northern outskirts. There are other airport option.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 wexfordhun

A mate of mine traveled to Bilbao with them for the Champions Cup Final and said there was delays and lack of communication about the delays but I think thats the nature of chartering flights.. they rarely go on time. For packages like Rome, the only reason I can see going to an agent is being able to pay a deposit and securing tickets but for Italy away, there is never a problem with tickets so organise it yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement