Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a non sweet beer folks

Options
  • 20-07-2018 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Cheers ...love my beer/ lager but lately find a lot very sweet. Any recommendations for a non sweet tasking one ?? I remember Efes (Turkish beer) is a nice one but hard to get.

All recommendations appreciated folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

bobsman wrote: »
    Cheers ...love my beer/ lager but lately find a lot very sweet. Any recommendations for a non sweet tasking one ?? I remember Efes (Turkish beer) is a nice one but hard to get.

All recommendations appreciated folks

Switch to stouts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,201 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Think I had efes when I was over there - is it a pilsner style lager? Try some german pilsners, say Spaten or maybe a pale ale.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Think I had efes when I was over there - is it a pilsner style lager? Try some german pilsners, say Spaten or maybe a pale ale.

That's the one odyssey. It's actually in lidl at the moment. It's a lovely one.

Any of the IPAs should be very hoppy and tart. Lidl does one from the crafty brewing company with a green label that is delish. Failing that most German pilsners will be on the hoppy side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I feel you OP.
    I'm an IPA drinker by default, but I'm finding them too sweet now.

And don't even mention cider. Used to get some lovely dry ciders in Brittany. Can't get them here.

Maybe Asahi, the Japanese beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Kinnegar Sour Apple lager. That's as far from sweet as you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I feel you OP.
    I'm an IPA drinker by default, but I'm finding them too sweet now.

And don't even mention cider. Used to get some lovely dry ciders in Brittany. Can't get them here.

Maybe Asahi, the Japanese beer?

The struggle is real :pac:

Advertisement