Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

August 18 Calls

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mb91

Out of interest, did the unhappy people at the end have any luck changing their minds?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Rossco22 wrote: »
    All a bit quiet today folks.. don't tell me we're having second thoughts after that lol

Burnt out after the long day, and totally deflated having to go back into “normal” work today

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Faugha wrote: »
    Rossco22 wrote: »
    All a bit quiet today folks.. don't tell me we're having second thoughts after that lol

Burnt out after the long day, and totally deflated having to go back into “normal” work today
    Big time, it was a long day lots to take in. Start date literally can't come quick enough now, I just want to get started!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

I thought induction was over a weekend?

I'm just thinking ahead to time off required to attend everything.....so theres PCA familiarisation, PCA, medical and now induction if I get that far? All within a fairly short time period by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 snickett4

Mb91 wrote: »
    Out of interest, did the unhappy people at the end have any luck changing their minds?
    No joy, tbh by the time we had the conversation I was fine- it was more the initial shock. We were basically told only in incredibly extenuating circumstances could it change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

snickett4 wrote: »
    Mb91 wrote: »
    No joy, tbh by the time we had the conversation I was fine- it was more the initial shock. We were basically told only in incredibly extenuating circumstances could it change.

Sounds interesting.

Good luck for week 1 guys and gals. Not long to wait now

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GV

Did some people not get the districts they were hoping for?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 snickett4

GV wrote: »
    Did some people not get the districts they were hoping for?

Yes a few of us , what I'd take away from the experience is:- go in assuming you'll be placed in the most inconvenient district to you, and think how you could make that work and appreciate the sacrifice of time you'll have to make. My disappointment mostly stemmed from taking it as a given I'd get a district I want and planning around that.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GV

We were lucky enough to have district available and everyone more or less got what they wanted, can see it being a huge pain not getting it though

If any of you guys want into the discord page, give me a shout and I'll pm the link. I'll only accept it from guys on the actual list of starters as we are having too much crap with trolls at the min.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

If any of you guys want into the discord page, give me a shout and I'll pm the link. I'll only accept it from guys on the actual list of starters as we are having too much crap with trolls at the min.
    PM'd you!

ktrsd wrote: »
    PM'd you!
    I replied to you mate

Ah, the link didn't come through to me on the first one. Sorted, cheers!

Did you get my reply there 8.25pm? This Boards PM system has got to be the worst platform. Either that or it's my browser

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mb91

Sorry folks, had been giving the boards a rest before starting, can I get a discord link please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Well how is everyone getting on?

Any early advice for us later folk

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scammy21

Any tips for induction? Does and do nots? What to expect and do we find out specific station or just district?

Advertisement