Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Transfer to psni

Options
  • 18-07-2018 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,

I’m looking to transfer over from an English force but can’t seem to find much information on the process. Can anyone shed any light for me please?
    Do I need to apply during the normal recruitment campaign? And would I be required to go through training school again? Would psni match my salary if I’ve already got a couple years service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NemesisEejit

Yes, yes and yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ldngal18

Your salary will be that of any normal PSNI trainee during GV. GV is five months long so if you're 3 years in as a PC with a mainland force the salary drop for nearly half a year is probably worth factoring in!

After that it will be whatever it was on the PC payscale before you came over the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pom16

The cost of living is less over here so I’d say it would be about even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Apparently there will be a fresh campaign in the Autumn. You will have to go through training but I think they adapt your probation as you have already gone through that.

Advertisement