Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Sports

Options
  • 16-07-2018 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭

Some fantastic performances from Irish athletes at the Cork City Sports

Phil Healy set the Irish 200M record and went under 23 seconds and Marcus Lawler with a big PB goes second on the national list for 200m.

Great nights entertainment live on TG4. I'm sure they will put it up on the player for anyone that wants to catch up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Sprints and relays are where the majority of Irish success in athletics is going to come from in the foreseeable future. Who would have thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

deisedude wrote: »
    Phil Healy set the Irish 200M record and went under 23 seconds and Marcus Foster Lawler with a big PB goes second on the national list for 200m.
    Fantastic event, leaving the gremlins from last year firmly behind. Hats off to the organizers who pulled in some great talent and made it a super meet. Bonus: I even managed to freshen up my Irish language skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Eh is Marcus Lawlor related to Amy Foster or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

YFlyer wrote: »
    Eh is Marcus Lawlor related to Amy Foster or what?

Made a mistake. Changed it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

Huge PB for Barr over the 200 augurs well coming into the business enf of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭aero2k

I was lucky enough to be at this.  I was seated near John treacy, Sonia O'Sillivan and the Heffernan family which just added to the atmosphere.  Leroy Burrell and his son sat behind me for a while - I have to admit I wouldn't have recognised them but for the announcer saying they were there.  Feidhlim Kelly was excellent as the in-stadium commentator, and there was a great range of races from club stuff to the top-class mile, but Phil's record was of course the highlight.  It was lovely to see Sonia, on her way back from doing a piece to camera, making a detour to shake hands and chat with each of the girls who carry the atlethes' gear baskets.  A class act in every way.

Advertisement