Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best and Worst GAA supporters by County.

Options
  • 14-07-2018 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

BEST--DUBLIN
    WORST--LOUTH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

BEST--DUBLIN
    WORST--LOUTH

Any particular reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

This won't end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Best - Warwickshire
    Worst - everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

dmc17 wrote:
    Any particular reasons?

No....do I need any??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

No....do I need any??

It would be good to justify it. Otherwise it's just a chance to pick your own county as best and throw a dig at some other county as worst. Bit pointless really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Best-Louth
    Worst-Dublin

dmc17 wrote:
    It would be good to justify it. Otherwise it's just a chance to pick your own county as best and throw a dig at some other county as worst. Bit pointless really.

Ok,move on so....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Ok,move on so....

Did you get lost on your way to After Hours?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

As a% of population

Worst - Dublin
    Best - Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Greybottle wrote: »
    This won't end well.

It was all great fun until somebody lost an eye.

• Advertisement

It's really a simple question,based on my travels to GAA games country wide and my observation of how different sets of supporters react to decisions,wins, losses etc,and no, I'm not from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

It's really a simple question,based on my travels to GAA games country wide and my observation of how different sets of supporters react to decisions,wins, losses etc,and no, I'm not from Dublin.

On that criteria has to be Mayo.
    #MayoMick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Tipp fan here-I think Limerick are great supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,924 ✭✭✭threeball

Fann Linn wrote: »
    On that criteria has to be Mayo.
    #MayoMick

Toss up between mayoccans and the Wexicans imo

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

In my experience the vast majority of regular match going GAA supporters are decent sorts. Ones that attend most league games, early championship and club games. For every county though that gets to the latter end of the championship a bandwagon element naturally starts to go along. Some of these can be dicks. But every county has them, no point in denying otherwise.

Not worth getting stressed over, it's the nature of sport

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I can't see this ending well, most people will say their county are the best supporters and that their biggest rivals are the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd have to say that Mayo fans annoy me as a group, not on an individual basis.
    They just come across to me like they think they have won many All-Irelands like Dublin or Kerry.
    They think they are the best team in Connacht by far but Galway passed them for most titles won thus year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

This might not make much sense but from going to Dublin games the best is DUblin but the worst is Dublin also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    This might not make much sense but from going to Dublin games the best is DUblin but the worst is Dublin also

We've certainly had some dickheads over the years, but they are a diminishing breed thankfully. Mostly due to the difficulty of getting tickets for the bigger games, and they are not interested in the league or early rounds any more, for the most part.

Most irritating section of Dublin supporters now are the ultra element who insist on trying to foist political issues onto the rest of us, but they are harmless in sense that they don't tend to bother other people other than that!

Worst supporters in my experience are the drunken younger ones who turn up for big hurling games. Generally not aggressive but very annoying to be near. It is not exclusive to any county. It is what happens when groups of kids, many of them underage by the looks of them, who have been drinking since early morning of match day. Even seen some of them getting off a club bus at Croke Park one day, which is an issue some clubs might address.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

Have always said I prefer going to the League than the big championship games and one of the main reasons is you get the genuine fans of the sport and team when you go to the League. Don't have the fair weather fans in their droves talking rubbish like you do at the bigger games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mod Warning

I fail to see the usefulness of this thread other than to possibly stir up animosity towards other counties supporters.

Closing the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement