Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava

Options
  • 30-06-2018 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,233 ✭✭✭

Anyone else notice their Strava account wiped clear ? All my data is gone missing and back on the "free" version.!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,233 ✭✭✭secman

Panic over... uninstalled app and reinstalled it... all good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

Strava related, has anyone noticed multiple segments disappearing from segment explorer and the like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    Strava related, has anyone noticed multiple segments disappearing from segment explorer and the like
    They're not disappearing, I messaged them and their reply was "Thanks for reaching out. We are reviewing features that were originally designed for athlete motivation and inspiration to ensure they cannot be compromised by people with bad intent. "

Then I figured it out, any segment with less than 10 recorded rides is hidden, I'm guessing it's to stop segment hunters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i wish they'd delete segments with obvious incorrect elevation data.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I know lads who more or less race Strava segments each spin & judge their form by KOM or cups they get from a spin, I personally find it odd as these lads are easily A3/A2 standard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

i wish they'd delete segments with obvious incorrect elevation data.

Or develop something that notices when someone is 'running' at 2 minute mile pace and automatically taking it out of segments instead of letting them take my course records so I don't have to consider flagging them :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

Or develop something that notices when someone is 'running' at 2 minute mile pace and automatically taking it out of segments instead of letting them take my course records so I don't have to consider flagging them :P

Yeah that is annoying. Nearly all the running segments near where I live are all topped by people who were obviously cycling at the time and not running!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

ewc78 wrote: »
    Yeah that is annoying. Nearly all the running segments near where I live are all topped by people who were obviously cycling at the time and not running!

At least 4 segments around me are obviously by people driving!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Strava not seeming to upload garmin today, auto uploads and today just doesn't seem to be happening !
    Any hints
    Tried to do it manually via garmin connect, disconnected and reconnected etc.
    No joy
    Doing my head in....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

similar happened me a few weeks ago, i had to manually import the file. worked fine for me this morning though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

ewc78 wrote: »

Flag them and they'll be removed. Every now and again I go on a flagging spree of people who ride run segments and take a KOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Hurrache wrote: »
    Flag them and they'll be removed. Every now and again I go on a flagging spree of people who ride run segments and take a KOM.

There's a free service called KOM Defender that sends you a weekly summary of any suspicious rides that have impacted your KOM rankings, makes it very handy to flag all those done in a car, of which there are suprisingly quite alot, mostly seems to be mountain bikers who forget to turn it off when driving back from Wicklow.

http://www.komdefender.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

The most annoying development recently is the move to recent uploads on your feed rather than when the ride takes place. I have a few lads I follow that only upload at the end of the week so my feed is just spammed with their rides. Very annoying "feature".

i got this link in an email from strava earlier - it's a explanation of all features you'll get with strava and a garmin device.

https://blog.strava.com/garmin-features-and-setup/?utm_source=strava&utm_medium=mktgemail&utm_campaign=2018_06_26_Garmin_Device_Gallery_Ride

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

secman wrote: »
    Anyone else notice their Strava account wiped clear ? All my data is gone missing and back on the "free" version.!

I know you got your data back, but for anyone worried this might happen to them in the future you can download your strava history by using the bulk export feature - details here : https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216918437-Exporting-your-Data-and-Bulk-Export

RobFowl wrote: »
    Strava not seeming to upload garmin today, auto uploads and today just doesn't seem to be happening !
    Any hints
    No joy
    Doing my head in....
    Also - did it upload to garmin for you? Or didn't upload at all. If it uploaded to garmin, the issue is at the backend from garmin to strava, not with your device.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

RobFowl wrote: »
    Any hints
    No joy
    Doing my head in....

I suppose that you had better go out and actually do the ride seeing as how it's not on Strava...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

At least 4 segments around me are obviously by people driving!!

Flag them them. I've no problems doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,233 ✭✭✭secman

Had to reload Strava app on the phone again yesterday as it reverted to blank data again ! A bug fix probably required?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

My little gripe is when people use both a Garmin and their phone to record a ride and then upload both so their 120k Sunday spin becomes 240k.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Garmin and strava working fine again today....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My little gripe is when people use both a Garmin and their phone to record a ride and then upload both so their 120k Sunday spin becomes 240k.

Those people are instantly unfollowed.

a colleague of mine 'cycled' the stelvio pass on a turbo trainer a few years ago and managed to upload it to strava; complete with a QOM. she couldn't understand why i was so adamant she should hide her upload from leaderboards. 'but it's just as hard as cycling the real thing'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Flag them them. I've no problems doing that.

I did it today for four or five people who had cycles incorrectly saved as runs. Wrecks my head how people can be so lazy about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Also - did it upload to garmin for you? Or didn't upload at all. If it uploaded to garmin, the issue is at the backend from garmin to strava, not with your device.
    Had a flat upload yesterday to Garmin Connect. When I tried to upload to Strava manually today the reason it didn't upload was bad time data and I had to use here to fix it.

Once I did this I was able to reupload to Garmin/Strava.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

The most annoying development recently is the move to recent uploads on your feed rather than when the ride takes place. I have a few lads I follow that only upload at the end of the week so my feed is just spammed with their rides. Very annoying "feature".

With this chrome add on, you can sort your newsfeed to appear in chronological order.

a colleague of mine 'cycled' the stelvio pass on a turbo trainer a few years ago and managed to upload it to strava; complete with a QOM. she couldn't understand why i was so adamant she should hide her upload from leaderboards. 'but it's just as hard as cycling the real thing'.
    Perhaps if she did it outside during the recent snow after first having submerged herself fully clothed in a cold bath, she would be a little bit of the way there.

....and tell her the descent is worse than the climb!

Does anyone else have Strava claiming they created segments that they didn't create?

Strava indicates that I have created these 2 segments in Florida. I most certainly did not!

https://www.strava.com/segments/4584347

https://www.strava.com/segments/4658027

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

They're not disappearing, I messaged them and their reply was "Thanks for reaching out. We are reviewing features that were originally designed for athlete motivation and inspiration to ensure they cannot be compromised by people with bad intent. "

Then I figured it out, any segment with less than 10 recorded rides is hidden, I'm guessing it's to stop segment hunters.

Jesus that's pure corporate speak drivel right there! Anyone using the term 'reaching out' should be shot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭Macy0161

While I was experimenting with my new bolt and recording on that and my garmin watch, it recognised them as the same ride and only uploaded one of them. Does it not do that with Strava recording and a garmin upload?

Only time it added both was one day I forgot to start one of them at a same time (actually it might have been autopause was off on one of them, so the start of the spin wasn't delayed on one, whereas the autopause immediately kicked in on the other).

Advertisement