Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the type of candidates change

Options
  • 27-06-2018 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭

As SF inch closer to getting into the government here, although nothing is certain.

Will the type of candidates they attract and put forward change its happening a little bit, but at the local level it's still candidates with chips on their shoulder or who have emerged from fringe elements of FF with chips on their shoulders. If the party ditches all that elements would it affect them electorally.

In fact, if SF gets into power will it actually be a different SF then their supporters think it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Hard to know if they ll be voted in soon, but I think FF and fg are fine for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

If SF get into Government in my lifetime, I'll eat Mary-Lou McDonald's hat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

mariaalice wrote: »
    In fact, if SF gets into power will it actually be a different SF then their supporters think it is.
    I think they would be a lot more pragmatic over dogma if that was the case; the north is simply another example of it. It's always easy to sit in opposition and promise the sky but there's a whole different ballpark if you have to deliver it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Good loser

If SF ever get to be near a majority party their policies will be the same as FF's are currently. They have the same instincts.

Advertisement