Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F&F Chitchat a hocht, an feirmeoir bocht

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

orm0nd wrote: »
    going for a break in the sun ?

Ye to Nice. Weather the same as here but I won't have to work in it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

whelan2 wrote: »
    Ye to Nice. Weather the same as here but I won't have to work in it

And far enough away that you can't be called back for any emergencies!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    And far enough away that you can't be called back for any emergencies!

Yup. Very lucky we booked aer lingus this time. Ryanair flights to Nice are cancelled for today. Should be at campsite for France Denmark game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

If  we get our home game which we deserve the lads will die on that pitch for a win. Id hate to be Mayo coming to St Conleths for that. Especially a Mayo with so many injuries.

Overconfident much?.
    Dublin and kerry are only team capable of beating mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Overconfident much?.

In the last few minutes of an important match, Mayo are capable of beating themselves!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Overconfident much?.

So why are they in the qualifiers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Overconfident much?.

Rubbish

they haven't a Connacht title for how many years - is it 3 now? and haven't even made the Connacht final in that time

Even on Saturday we gave them a fair run for their money until the last few mins and we're nowhere near the upper echelons on football counties

• Registered Users Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭tanko

If Kildare people got as worked up about improving that dump of a ground in Newbridge as they are about where this match is played they’d have a 50,000 capacity all seater stadium by now that would be capable of hosting any game.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Reggie. wrote: »
    This heat is taking it's toll on the machines. Had to clean out the radiator guard 3 times today with all the dust that was flying around while tedding and raking

Same as that for ourselves here the past 5 mornings. And we're only reclaiming land with the diggers which wouldn't be very dusty. But there is some amount of ****e in the radiators when they are cleaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

tanko wrote: »
    If Kildare people got as worked up about improving that dump of a ground in Newbridge as they are about where this match is played they’d have a 50,000 capacity all seater stadium by now that would be capable of hosting any game.

I would not accept this I posted this on the GAA forum earlier
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057858631&page=167

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I would not accept this I posted this on the GAA forum earlier
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057858631&page=167

Can ya link to the post rather than the page? I’m on mobile and post per page is different

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

ganmo wrote: »
    Can ya link to the post rather than the page? I’m on mobile and post per page is different

This is what I posted
    With the new super 8's and provincial hurling round robin series Stadia will be a huge issue. It was hard all along for Counties in Leinster to provide Stadia as all big games were send to Croke Park. Munster is an unusual province in that because of the number and quality of Stadia. All counties except Waterford have acceptable stadium. Clare's might be a bit small but it still has a capacity of 18K I think the rest are all over 35K and have good quality terraces.

For Leinster teams it was a tough call to spend money on a stadium capable of having a capacity of greater than 20K. Would the cost of such a stadium be 10-20 million now. Pairc Ui Coimhe cost 80 million with a capacity of 45K. With the GAA rules about holding other games it is hard to recover the cost of such a stadium.

However I would be critical of former Leinster football powerhouses such as Kildare, Meath, Offaly and Laois . The money has neither gone into stadia or into Youth development. They have used the excuse of Dublin's finances to cover there inability to develop there own youth academys. While Offally have a population issue and play two codes the other three have no excuses

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭emaherx

Same as that for ourselves here the past 5 mornings. And we're only reclaiming land with the diggers which wouldn't be very dusty. But there is some amount of ****e in the radiators when they are cleaned.

Started blowing down machines with leaf blower between jobs. Makes a quick job of clearing the bulk of built up crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

If  we get our home game which we deserve the lads will die on that pitch for a win. Id hate to be Mayo coming to St Conleths for that. Especially a Mayo with so many injuries.

Overconfident much?.
    Mayo are without a decent midfield at the moment.  S. O'Shea and parsons both out for the foreseeable future which means A. OShea and O'connor would be probable choices to be pulled out to midfield.  Kildare would most likely play Moolick and Feely in midfield which in my opinion Kildare would win the battle for Midfield easily.  I think midfield will be the deciding factor on the day as forwards are well matched with Kildares accuracy having improved over the past two games and Neil Flynn is back in the side which was the free taker we so badly needed in the League and game against Carlow.
    The major factor i think on Saturday will be Kildare will have a massive point to prove and i think Mayo will feel the wrath of it. Theres no doubt that once played in St Conleths park Kildare will be well up for it and the talent of lads like mcnally, chris mccormack etc will mean if a man runs himself into the ground for 45/50 minutes a fellow just as able will be coming on to take his place.

Mayo are without a decent midfield at the moment.  S. O'Shea and parsons both out for the foreseeable future which means A. OShea and O'connor would be probable choices to be pulled out to midfield.  Kildare would most likely play Moolick and Feely in midfield which in my opinion Kildare would win the battle for Midfield easily.  I think midfield will be the deciding factor on the day as forwards are well matched with Kildares accuracy having improved over the past two games and Neil Flynn is back in the side which was the free taker we so badly needed in the League and game against Carlow.
    The major factor i think on Saturday will be Kildare will have a massive point to prove and i think Mayo will feel the wrath of it. Theres no doubt that once played in St Conleths park Kildare will be well up for it and the talent of lads like mcnally, chris mccormack etc will mean if a man runs himself into the ground for 45/50 minutes a fellow just as able will be coming on to take his place.

Aidan O Shea and diarmuid O'Connor are more than adequate in centre field....oconnor won all-irelands in multiple codes and played excellently vs tipp.

No doubt kildare have some nice players but they struggled against longford and lost to carlow. Surely,there has to be more than one decent free kick taker in the county other than flynn.
    Have kildare improved from 16.

Panch18 wrote: »
    Rubbish

they haven't a Connacht title for how many years - is it 3 now? and haven't even made the Connacht final in that time

Even on Saturday we gave them a fair run for their money until the last few mins and we're nowhere near the upper echelons on football counties

8 points......paints a bleak picture. Connacht titles arent what dreams are made of

In the last few minutes of an important match, Mayo are capable of beating themselves!

First few minutes usually

• Registered Users Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Aidan O Shea and diarmuid O'Connor are more than adequate in centre field....oconnor won all-irelands in multiple codes and played excellently vs tipp.

No doubt kildare have some nice players but they struggled against longford and lost to carlow. Surely,there has to be more than one decent free kick taker in the county other than flynn.
    Have kildare improved from 16.

Who have Mayo to replace them in the forwards then? Loftus would be the only player i could think of to come on .  
    Plenty of experience in the Kildare outfit too. 3 Hogan cup winning players, big runs in the u21's. 3 former professional afl players.  Mayo also lost there first match and struggled in their last match for large periods of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I posted this over in the hay thread too, but some of ye might be anti-hay and miss this nugget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,078 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I posted this over in the hay thread too, but some of ye might be anti-hay and miss this nugget

Did the car he met on the road, jump over the bale? :p

If that's the worst thing that happens that bloke that day, he has an easy life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Jeez it was roasting today lads, wrapped 400 bales with a 110-90 and a 4 lever wrapper. Absolutely melting inside in it. Torture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

8 points......paints a bleak picture. Connacht titles arent what dreams are made of

Listen tipp have more football all Ireland’s than mayo

Ye should take whatever silverware ye can get

• Registered Users Posts: 11,078 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

"French government declares vegans as terrorists after vegan attacks on butchers in France".

News just on RTE radio 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Odelay

Sweat is already running off me, just not built for this heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Loving the heat!! The smell of the neighbours hay down coming in the patio doors in the evening.
    Long may it last! I don't want to see rain til October!!!

Embrace ir. Get on those shorts, wear suncream, sun hat and drink plenty of water!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

Muckit wrote: »
    Loving the heat!! The smell of the neighbours hay down coming in the patio doors in the evening.
    Long may it last! I don't want to see rain til October!!!

Embrace ir. Get on those shorts, wear suncream, sun hat and drink plenty of water!!

Love the heat could do with out the sweaty ball bag though

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

naughto wrote: »
    Love the heat could do with out the sweaty ball bag though

Go commando. With short shorts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Know how a rotisserie bbq chicken feels after yesterday. Gave 11 hrs up on Big modern JD with all in one glass doors no side windows and aircon not working. Back window opened for all the good it would do. Funnelling heat off back end into cab to keep temp at a steady 185°c
    Air con is a necessity in these new tractors. Getting rid of side windows in favour of huge doors is a mistake IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Jeez it was roasting today lads, wrapped 400 bales with a 110-90 and a 4 lever wrapper. Absolutely melting inside in it. Torture.
    Is there room for an ice box in the tractor? Plenty of chilled water is the only job.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement