Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free weekly crypto based on UBI (Not an ICO or Airdrop)

• 16-05-2018 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Universal basic income (UBI) is a model for providing all citizens of a country or other geographic area with a given sum of money, regardless of their income, resources or employment status. The purpose of the UBI is to prevent or reduce poverty and increase equality among citizens.

Mannabase is an online platform for the world’s first Universal Basic Income cryptocurrency. Manna is distributed weekly as a basic income to all verified users on an ongoing basis. The amount distributed is equal to 3.5% of the circulating money supply per year.

Manna is distributed by the People’s Currency Foundation as a basic human right that every person in the world is eligible to receive, for free. Founded in 2015, Manna has achieved milestones in the cryptocurrency movement, as the first blockchain-based currency to be created and distributed by a tax-exempt nonprofit organization, and the first digital currency to implement a Universal Basic Income as its primary method of distribution. Manna’s price is set by the free market on online exchanges.

This is an interesting project, I am currently in the process of writing an article on UBI and cryptocurrencies.

1.) Create a Mannabase.com user account.
    2.) Log in to your account, then look for the green banner at the top of your dashboard with a link to finish the verification process.
    3.) You will be asked for various personal information to verify you are a unique person. Once complete, you will either be immediately approved or in some cases, pending further review.

I have placed a referral link below, if you use the link you will get an extra 50% UBI Bonus for 52 Weeks (1 Year).

Referral Link
    https://www.mannabase.com/?ref=bd861c8bcf

Standard Link
    https://www.mannabase.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Speculator

Forgot to mention that the next pay out is Friday (1 day 4 hours from now)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,752 ✭✭✭✭unkel

This deserves its own thread. A non-profit coin that wants to help erase poverty worldwide. This can also be a great educational resource for children exploring how the blockchain works and how it can be used as a force for good.

I'll support it.

Yes it's a fascinating concept, here is an interesting article on UBI:

https://www.fastcompany.com/40516337/with-this-cryptocurrency-everyone-gets-paid

Other similar projects include:

SwiftDemand
    UBU
    Frink
    Deuniter

I do not recommend or endorse any of these projects, do your own research.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

Yup, agreed - interesting stuff.... signed up using your referral link - I'll spread the word on this

https://www.mannabase.com/?ref=b68614d329

Standard Link

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Sign up doesnt work for me, theres no country listed in the drop down and you cant get past sign up without that, anyone else having this issue?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Sign up doesnt work for me, theres no country listed in the drop down and you cant get past sign up without that, anyone else having this issue?

Got that far and while it seemed legit, didn't proceed as I'm reluctant to pass on personal identification details over the internet without sufficient cause and trust. That said, I've signed up to a few exchanges and will probably sign up to this if it becomes better established. Probably just getting a bit paranoid in my old age...

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

If I remember right, I had to click on the green banner at top of screen to complete verification as Speculator pointed out above - I then got address/country etc and confirmed my email and mobile number...

2.) Log in to your account, then look for the green banner at the top of your dashboard with a link to finish the verification process.
    3.) You will be asked for various personal information to verify you are a unique person. Once complete, you will either be immediately approved or in some cases, pending further review.

Daithi40 wrote: »
    If I remember right, I had to click on the green banner at top of screen to complete verification as Speculator pointed out above - I then got address/country etc and confirmed my email and mobile number...

Yeah it's this step that is broken for me, will try again later

Daithi40 wrote: »

I haven't given my real info! ssh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

It worked fine for me. I just typed in Ire and it brought Ireland up as an option.

Also used OP's referral code.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I have a chunk of similar coin from this crowd:
    https://universalcoin.io/

Signed up anyway!

smacl wrote: »
    Got that far and while it seemed legit, didn't proceed as I'm reluctant to pass on personal identification details over the internet without sufficient cause and trust. That said, I've signed up to a few exchanges and will probably sign up to this if it becomes better established. Probably just getting a bit paranoid in my old age...

It's the process they use to stop individuals signing up for duplicate accounts, it's a good idea.

I'll post here when I receive this weeks payout.

Dades wrote: »

Signed up anyway!

Yes it sounds very similar, I had not idea there were so many.

This type of platform would benefit a lot of third world countries. Perhaps there should be a mechanism or a facility where by individuals in poverty could pool their crypto and use it for food, education, medication etc

Morning all

Just a quick note to confirm that I received my weekly Manna.

I'm assuming all verified accounts should receive theirs today.

Some new developments for anyone who is interested in the UBI concept

Announcing Our New Advisor: Paul Lamb

https://steemit.com/basicincome/@mannacurrency/announcing-our-new-advisor-paul-lamb

Another Musk assertion on Universal Basic Income

https://steemit.com/basicincome/@mannacurrency/another-musk-assertion-on-universal-basic-income

• Registered Users Posts: 64,752 ✭✭✭✭unkel

And a candidate for President of the United States of America supports Manna officially by joining their advisory board

Linky

I agree with Musk that it is inevitable that there will not be enough paid work for people in a few decades and thus it will be inevitable that people will have to be paid when they are not working - a universal basic income. I have been an advocate for a UBI system myself since the 80s, although I do realise it is extremely expensive to implement.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,765 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I am a little light on details here, but to get this straight..

A coin is being created and handed out for free

People are "hoping" the speculative secondary market gives it value (currently seems to be around $0.003 with tiny volume)

Why would it be worth anything if it's being created for free?

The whole point of UBI is to give people a monthly income - handing out valueless digital coins created out of thin air and somehow hoping speculators give it value is a bit contrary to that

Even if it did work and the coin somehow gained value in a crazy bull-run - it's value would be so volatile that people would either hoard it or cash out for fiat - almost gambling

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Dades wrote: »

Signed up anyway!

Have some of this too. They're on another break, coming back in July with an app and everything. But who knows what's going to come of it...

🤪

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    48152128.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

A coin is being created and handed out for free

People are "hoping" the speculative secondary market gives it value (currently seems to be around $0.003 with tiny volume)

Why would it be worth anything if it's being created for free?

The whole point of UBI is to give people a monthly income - handing out valueless digital coins created out of thin air and somehow hoping speculators give it value is a bit contrary to that

Even if it did work and the coin somehow gained value in a crazy bull-run - it's value would be so volatile that people would either hoard it or cash out for fiat - almost gambling

That seems to be the jist of it Johndoe. But that also seems to be similar to a lot of the sh1tcoins. Hope that speculation will cause it to rise in value and then change it for btc/eth/fiat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Universalcoin is moving to the Ethereum Classic blockchain. New UNV ERC-223 tokens will be issued to all UNV holders on July 26. The e-mail adds "Addresses and private keys are the same in Ethereum and Ethereum Classic, as they were once the same blockchain. We'll send your new ERC-223 UNV tokens to the same address that your UNV is kept in - you just need a wallet that works with Ethereum Classic, like MyEtherWallet or Trust Wallet."

I'm currently holding some in a wallet (Eidoo) that supports ERC-20, but I don't think it supports ERC-223. They've recommended a couple of other Android wallets.

Do I set up the new wallet and transfer current UNV tokens? And do I send to Ethereum wallet ahead of these new tokens being issued? Or do I stick out as is...? I don't have many and I doubt they'll be worth much (possibly ever), but free is free.

UNV also said that distribution is coming back in August and there will be a claim app.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Speculator wrote: »

I have placed a referral link below, if you use the link you will get an extra 50% UBI Bonus for 52 Weeks (1 Year).

You also get a referral 50% bonus for a full year with the following referral link, Share the love!

Referral Link
    https://www.mannabase.com/?ref=erVzvXbeQZ

Standard Link

• Registered Users Posts: 27 CryptoReview

Mannabase is up over 40% today. Not bad for a UBI project. 😮

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/manna/

Mannabase is up over 40% today. Not bad for a UBI project. ��

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/manna/

It's not a UBI project

It's people distributing a ****coin for free hoping it gains random value on a speculative market. It's as stupid as crypto gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 CryptoReview

It's not a UBI project

It's people distributing a ****coin for free hoping it gains random value on a speculative market. It's as stupid as crypto gets.

You must be confused, have you read the whitepaper?

You must be confused, have you read the whitepaper?

They created a coin out of thin air and blindly hope it gains value on the secondary market - it's right there on the website

"Manna’s price is set by the free market on online exchanges"

I can't read the whitepaper here in work, how much Manna is being retained by the developers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

aK7yRcj.jpg

Maybe it's an overlooked project - I've definitely weathered through quite a few - but it would take ~$400-$500 of sells to crash that back down to where it was. Looks like the highest volume it ever had in a day was $9k, is it some college sideproject or something?

A coin given out for free that depends on the kindness of strangers to drive it's value up...doesn't sound like a winner to me. What's the incentive for non-impoverished people to use it? Warm glowy feelings don't seem enough.

Advertisement