Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Land from Council

Options
  • 23-06-2018 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I am in a town in County Cork and live at the end of a cul-de-sac of a few houses. At the very end of the cul-de-sac, there's a little plot of a grassy area at each side.

I have a very small garden space so would love to have the grassy area at my side, but I'm not sure how I go about trying to do this. At present, the council maintain the area but I often do extra grass cuttings as we are the only ones who use this and apart from us, it is unused.

If anyone has any information about how I even start to look into this, can you let me know please? Not sure if this is possible or not, but I hope it is. If this is possible, would anyone know roughly how much money is involved in this process please?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Write to the property management office of the Council and simply explain what you want to do.

Council might be glad to get rid of the piece of land, particularly if there are problems with it (e.g. anti social behaviour etc)

That will get the ball rolling. When(if) the Council agree to sell it to you they will give you an asking price and you can decide at that stage.

Advertisement