Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vinne Paul of Pantera has died

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jesus that's sad him and Dimebag both gone way too young.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Gutted. RIP Vinne

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

54, damn. Rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

So sad to hear this news. Still listen to and love Pantera to this day...Rip Vinnie:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Jeez. Far too young, RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Jeez, far too young. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

Ah sh1t RIP saw Pantera support Megadeth at the point years ago

Jeez, far too young. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Sad news.

Pantera were one of the big bands for me when I was a teenager getting into music. I kinda stopped listening to them for years then afterwards as I started to listen to more than metal, but I came back to them a few years ago and as a more discerning music fan thesedays - dare I say it - I appreciate them in a totally different way.

They were a fucking class band.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Shocking news.....R.I.P Vinnie!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Sad news.

The one gig that got away. I had a ticket for the tattoo the planet gig in the point. Pantera and Slayer together. Cancelled last minute after 9/11 and Pantera split soon after.

Great southern trendkill is one of my all time favourite albums. So raw and aggressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

My all time favourite live session, reminds me when I seen them in the sfx in 1993/4?. They were a supper live band.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/how-vinnie-paul-and-pantera-revolutionized-heavy-metal-w521900

He probably was one of the best drummers in metal. He and Dimebag were really talented. I don't know he managed to keep going after what he witnessed that night in 2004, maybe it was because as he said himself:" he was married to music" that was his way of coping with it all.

RIP to another metal titan:(

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

anselmo was a right pr1ck to the lads and impossible to work with

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Zico ! wrote: »
    anselmo was a right pr1ck to the lads and impossible to work with

Anselmo was and seems still is a prick... but it was the change in direction after he joined that made them the band they were

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I'd say Phil will also be asked to stay away from Vinnie's funeral. Nothing issued as to what the cause of death was yet.

RIP

Advertisement