Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

August 18 Calls

• 20-06-2018 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

Starting this page so that we can keep track of all the boardies who have got the call for August 2018.

Post below and I'll maintain a list here in this opening post.

If you guys don't want to do this (it was done in prior years) then fair enough lol, nothing ventured nothing gained and all that.

August 2018 Boardies:
    • GW88
    • Rossco22
    • Nik9
    • Faugha
    • Mb91
    • TheBigLight
    • Idngal18
    • Stillwaiting10
    • Lookff
    • Blue_Line
    • Hopefulsam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mb91

Great work! ðŸ‘

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Mb91 wrote: »
    Great work! ðŸ‘
    It took 5 mins in reality mate, but thanks. Just good for us to see who gets in.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Hi everyone. Anyone else finding it a struggle to drag yourself to work these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

Faugha wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Anyone else finding it a struggle to drag yourself to work these days?
    Mentally checked out already and haven't even got the call! You guys must literally have one foot out the door in mind and spirit lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Very much so. I got home from work this morning at 8am. In bed and at 8.30 i get a conference call from all the ops managers for the whole island. S**t myself wondering how They knew I was leaving. Turns out they wanted to ask some questions about work insurance for next year lol.

Was so hard trying to tell them about extra cover we were gona need next year when infact they will have my notice in less than 2 weeks lol.

• Advertisement

Guys I will try not to be that annoying question asker, but I’ve read the older pages about starting Garnerville which are very much geared towards the residential aspect of bringing home comforts, hangers etc. Does anyone have any information advice to shed on how it will play out now that it’s non residential? I’m predicting that show parades won’t happen as it would be impractical. Do we know what the hours are like etc? Any insights welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

I've had a trawl back through some old threads and in terms of hours, reply #1,090 suggests Mon-Fri other than in exceptional circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

With Xmas and New year (depending on what days they close) on a Tuesday we possibly will be in on a Saturday those weeks.
    Time wise per day will probably depend on timetable, scheduled topics and location etc.

January passing out parade. #newyearnewme lmao. What a way to start a new year.

I’m hoping to use this 6 months to train hard and be in the best shape I’ve been in for years. I’d rather leave home early and get to the gym rather than sit in rush hour traffic in the mornings. So yes come January it will definitely be #newyearnewme

• Advertisement

I’m hoping to use this 6 months to train hard and be in the best shape I’ve been in for years. I’d rather leave home early and get to the gym rather than sit in rush hour traffic in the mornings. So yes come January it will definitely be #newyearnewme

I totally agree about .missing traffic. Go early and train. And if we don't finish until rush hour stay a bit later for revision. Cause I know for a fact once I get home revision will be last thing on my mind lol.

NiK9 wrote: »

I totally agree about .missing traffic. Go early and train. And if we don't finish until rush hour stay a bit later for revision. Cause I know for a fact once I get home revision will be last thing on my mind lol.

Oh aye revision, I forgot about the work part lol. Yes my exact plans also

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hopefulsam

Hi folks, is this seat free? I’m looking forward to meeting you all soon.

Hopefulsam wrote: »

And you bud

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

I'm definitely up for the early training sessions, you'll never be stuck for a partner. Like mentioned above I'm taking this 6 months to train my ass off to make sure that physically I'll be ready for whatever is waiting for us out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Hopefulsam wrote: »
    Added you to the list.

Rossco22 wrote: »
    I'm definitely up for the early training sessions, you'll never be stuck for a partner. Like mentioned above I'm taking this 6 months to train my ass off to make sure that physically I'll be ready for whatever is waiting for us out there.

Plus you want to look good in the bottle greens. They arnt always the most flattering lol. But then again it could be worse. You could be wearing the navy and blue like the garda. Such an ugly uniform in my opinion lol.

Plus you want to look good in the bottle greens. They arnt always the most flattering lol. But then again it could be worse. You could be wearing the navy and blue like the garda. Such an ugly uniform in my opinion lol.

Now now I’d be weary of showing any form of bias pmsl. But yes totally agree, the GS uniform does resemble one you’d give a 6 year old to play dress up. I think of all UK forces the PSNI’s looks very smart and proudly unique with its green.

Now now I’d be weary of showing any form of bias pmsl. But yes totally agree, the GS uniform does resemble one you’d give a 6 year old to play dress up. I think of all UK forces the PSNI’s looks very smart and proudly unique with its green.

The Garda uniform just reminds me of a G4S uniform because of their hi-viz coats. Lol.
    Yea totally agree about them looking the smartest. A tad jealous of Police Scotland getting to wear polo shirts day to day. But PSNI do look the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ldngal18

Am also finding it hard to focus at work now, glad to see I'm not the only one!
    Am hoping to build up the phys in the next few weeks for sure.

• Advertisement

ldngal18 wrote: »
    Am also finding it hard to focus at work now, glad to see I'm not the only one!
    Am hoping to build up the phys in the next few weeks for sure.

I just don’t want to be here now. I’m not sure how intense PT Will be at GV...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FreshStart2018

Just got the call!

Just got the call!

Congratulations pal. What was your rough merit number (brackets of ten) and are you starting early August?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FreshStart2018

Just got the call!

Congratulations pal. What was your rough merit number (brackets of ten) and are you starting early August?
    Thanks!! was completely out of the blue - I was expecting a Sept start, merit number was 100-115.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Just got the call!

Thanks!! was completely out of the blue - I was expecting a Sept start, merit number was 100-115.

Damn they have fairly marched their way down the list. There must be a good few drop outs, fails and those waiting vetting clearing.

Post just been and still no welcoming pack from recruitment, with flowers, choclates and a congrats card. Recruitment are slacking lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Blue_Line

Somewhat of a silly question but
    ..Have a friend of a colleague who has just passed their medical recently...now having laser eye surgery (purely to improve the vision in one eye) and is worrying that they would have to resit their medical to retest the eyesight? They understandably don't want to delay the recruitment process. Anyone have any advice on this? Thanks for any info guys!

Blue_Line wrote: »
    Somewhat of a silly question but
    ..Have a friend of a colleague who has just passed their medical recently...now having laser eye surgery (purely to improve the vision in one eye) and is worrying that they would have to resit their medical to retest the eyesight? They understandably don't want to delay the recruitment process. Anyone have any advice on this? Thanks for any info guys!

When the call comes in they ask if anything medically has changed since the medical. They could say no, but if caught lying they would be booted.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mb91

I had laser eye about a fortnight before my medical (cause I wouldn’t have passed without it) and when I mentioned it to the nurse he didn’t even make a note of it. I wouldn’t be too worried if they’ve already passed the sight test.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Blue_Line

It's a tricky one for me to advise to them because technically their eyesight is actually improved on what they scored at the medical...but again it's a tricky one.

Advertisement